39

"Who are you referring to as 'they'? Perhaps the government or the Jeon family?" He said with a smirk.

The Jeon family, how she despised them. For many years their family as well as many other upper class families have been kidnapping innocent girls and providing them to the government as some kind of business.

"How do you know of them?" She questioned.

"I couldn't help but notice the branding of JFG on your mother's collar bone. It wasn't hard to figure out that the initials stood for Jeon Family and Government. And not to mention the hatred that is radiating off you like venom towards Jungkook. Most people who encountered him showed him respect, and a lot of flattery, yet you were the complete opposite, wanting to stay as far away as possible, it soon became quite clear why you showed your disliking to him so much, and that us why I came up with the marvelous idea of both of you and Jungkook getting married. Yet I found it in my big heart to give you an alternative choice."

Unfortunately it was true, when she had first discovered her mother's branding, her mother was reluctant in telling her.

There wasn't a single thing that belonged to her father in their home, not even a wedding ring, her mother must of hid them, or they never existed in the first place, either way she had the right to know the truth. After endless questioning for years, her mother finally gave in and told her the unfortunate story behind the dreadful branding.

Her father was a soldier that died at war, just like any tragic story of a wife and the child having to bare the grief of loosing a loved one to the battle they were forced to fight, but that was only the half truth. Her father was a soldier, a general perhaps, his name was very well known amongst his comrades, as he brought many victories to the nation, the government saw to reward him for his efforts, and that reward was her mother, her mother had fought, escaping was impossible, but she still tried. She was forcefully taken from her home, dragged by her hair, screaming. Anyone who had the courage to ask questions, they were told she was a thief caught red handed, and of course people didn't question further or they too would be accused of being involved in the crime.

Many would argue that there were lads, their son's their beloved husband's that were in the army that truly fought for the nation with all their might, true, there were some, the ones that naively fell for the propaganda that was published by the government. Only to learn the truth on their last breath, that their lives wasn't worth it.

The rape of a woman was usually used as a weapon of war, used upon the loved ones of the enemy, it was disgusting yet true, and yet the government was allowing these men to do so on their own people. It was truly despicable, but to them it seemed right, after all they was bringing the nation glory. The unspeakable things they did to her, all because of the Jeon family, all because of Jungkook's family. Her mother had already forgiven and forgotten, there wasn't much a poor woman could do, if she were to spill these secrets of the truth, the upper class would say she was crazy and send her off to an mental asylum. Her mother had her promise that she wouldn't repeat a word, even if she were to potentially encounter this devilish family in the future. At the time it seemed easy to agree to. Until that unfortunate day where the son of the family entered her store.

She could still remember the dramatic heartbeat in her chest when he said his name. An actual Jeon stood before her, how she wished she could have slapped him. How she wished she could kick him out of her store and never see his face again. But as promised, she kept a straight face showing no indication of her awareness of their illegal business.

When he had asked to foresee their future together, she had begun to worry that he was planning on taking her and make her go through the same torture her mother was forced to. Purposefully not telling him her name, in attempts in preventing him from looking further into her identity. If perhaps something did happen, he wouldn't easily be able to destroy her proof of existence.