Country Club

Working at the local country club in town wasn't too bad. You mostly worked as a server, cleaned tables, and folded towels on occasion. Standing being a table by the club's large pool. You're not paying attention to much but the mindless task of rolling towels into a nice tube. When suddenly you're shaken bout the faint sound of splashing. You think it's probably a bunch of kids, until you hear a cry for help.

"H-Help! Im drowning!" You turn, to find a teenage boy flailing helplessly in the water. He's looking up at the life gaurd. A worker of yours who just kind of sits there, high up in her chair. Filling her nails. Heather never really did much, she just kind of sat there. But then again, she never really had to. No one ever really needed to be saved. But now was not the time to be slacking off.

"Hey! Heather!" You shouted at her. Did she have headphones in!? You went to dive in, but a large splash came before you could. You watched wide eyed as an older man swam over to grab the poor teen, and drag him out of the pool. You couldn't help but laugh when he tried to five him uneeded mouth to mouth. You thought you saw the poor thing crying as the older man left a few minutes after him insisting her was okay. "Are you okay?" You walked over with one of your towel tube, roll, things. He looked up at you, with the saddest expression you'd ever seen. You half expected In The Arms of The Angels to start playing.

"Y-Y-Yeah...thanks." He took the towel, and wrapped it around himself.

"Can I uh, get you anything? Maybe some water to settle your stomach?"

"Huh? Uh...a soda?" You chuckled at his request.

"Okay." You smiled, and walked away. Returning to find him curled up with his towel, helplessly chewing on a half-eaten sandwhich. "Here." He jumped slightly, and looked at the drink before taking it. He didn't say a word. "Whats that smeared on your shoulder?" You asked, leaning closer to get a look at it.

"Uh! Nothing!" He jerked away, and tenderly covered the mark with the towel.

"Sorry about Heather. I think they just hired her to sit there and be pretty. She's never really had to do her job."

"Right." He nodded, and sat up a little.

"Hey, I didn't catch your name."

"Im Rodrick." You sat down by his legs on the chair.

"Well, Rodrick, tell me more about this pitiful attempt at a tattoo." You joked, spinning his attention away from the events that just happened. The conversation grew, and in just a small amount of time you got to know Rodrick. He wasn't has helpless as you thought, just not the brightest. But once you got on the subject of music, he went off. You sit and watch him go on and on about drumming and rock n' roll forever. And the more you looked at him, the cuter he got. You were disappointed when your manager saw you, and yelled at you to get back to work.

For the rest of Rodrick's stay, he made eyes at you. Not like, sexy eyes. But your eyes met everytime you were near. And everytime you went to serve residence near the pool, he'd stop you on your way back.

"I'll take another soda ms." He requested with a smug smile.

"You don't need another soda mr." You scolded him playfully, and walked past. And at the end of the day, you found yourself rolling towels, again.

"Y/N!" A voice shouted. Rodrick slammed his hands down on the table, startling you. "My band, has a show," he's out of breath, "Heather's birthday. Tomorrow. Be there!?"

"Uh, tomorrow? Um, sure!" You managed in the rushed moment as he watched him pant.

"Cool!" And he was gone in a flash. Heather's birthday!? You, go to Heather's birthday. Theres no way you'd get in, she'd probably have a bouncer with a last at the door. What were you supposed to wear? You felt a little silly walking around in casual wear, when you saw princesses in ballgowns walk into the party. How were you gonna get in!? Then you realized, it was held in a tent. You easily slipped through a seam betwewn the large pink tarps. You wondered around the the absolutely bizzare celebration. It was like a shrine to Heather herself. You cringed, hardcore.

"Exscuse me ladies and gentlemen!" You heard that familiar voice shout. And on the stage, was the bizzarley out of place band. "This goes out to the birthday girl! Heather Hills, this ones for you!" He flung a jacket off the stage, and the music started playing. Once again, you stood aside, and covered your mouth. Your eyes wide as you watched the train wreck unfold. You thought Rodrick said he was the drummer. He sure wasnt a singer. "Hit that button!" And fireworks shot out while banners fell from the ceiling. Dear...lord. Suddenly Rodrick was jumping off the stage, and practically throwing himself at Heather. Who was visibly steaming. You suddenly felt more helpless than Rodrick as you watched with the audience.

After that was all over, and Rodrick had thoroughly made a fool of himself, AND been rejected. He hobbled over to you a short amount of time after. He looked more than defeated.

"You okay?" You asked, as he leaned against a table. Covered in chocolate from the spilled fountain. He just nodded, looking down at his feet. "Hey, I thought you guy were rad." He perked up, as if on cew.

"Really!?" You nodded.

"Doing a cover of a pop song? Thats some real risk taking there." You smiled at him. He adjusted himself. Leaning on the table towards you.

"Well...yknow...it was all for you." He tried to act smooth. Which only made you burst out with laughter.

"Uhuh! Sure! Don't push it, lover boy. I liked the show. But I'd like to see you play the drums next time." He paused, and his shoulders relaxed.

"Next time?"

"Yeah! You better keep me up to date on your shows! I'm your #1 fan!" A small shade of pink crept over Rodrick's cheeks. You reached out, and ran a finger over his shoulder, which was covered in chocolate. And licked it off your finger. "Yum." Music from speakers started playing for the rest of the party.

"Uh...wanna dance?" He held out a hand. You smiled brightly, making you blush too.

"Sure thing."