Roller Rink

You sat awkwardly on the sidelines as you watched kids and teenagers role around the roller rink. Skates on your feet, you had stumbled a few times just on the carpet alone. What made your friends think you'd eventually join them on the rink itself. Your two friends joined you after a small while, with concerned looks on their pretty faces.

"Whats wrong, Y/N?" One asked.

"You're not sick, are you?" The other asked.

"I told you guys I don't know how to skate!" You stated sheepishly.

"You were doing just fine on the carpet! You'll be fine!"

"Oh whatever." You pouted. Suddenly loud, blarring music played. Rocker music. The girls looked at one another and smiled. Each taking and arm and lifting you up. "What are you doing? Oh no. There is no way!" You struggled as they leaned against the wall around the rink with you.

"Come on! You gotta do it sometime! What teenager doesn't know how to skate?"

"A lot, actually!" The rink swirled with people your age and a little older. Your stomach sunk and you begged and pleaded as your friends dragged you onto the rink with them. You struggled, and they held your arms tightly as they directed you to keep your feet steady. They held you around the rink a few times. Until you felt, okay. Then suddenly, the looked at one another with that cruel grin from before. They let you go, and pushed you off on your own. "What!? No! You guys!" You wobbled, and got off balance. Grasping into a wall linging the rink. You panted and glared at your friends as they skated by.

"Uh...can we help you?" A voice from behind you asked. You turned around, and looked up. Your eyes wide, you swallowed hard at the boys that stood at the DJ box. One was too focused on the music, the other looked down at you. His brown eyes seeping into you, and his handsome face stuck in an amused look.

"Uh..um..I-I..." You scrammled to find words, an explanation, a song? "T-Thriller?" You asked. The signature song they played at every roller rink over and over again. The guy scoffed.

"Really?"

"N-No....I was just kinda pushed here. I don't know what Im doing." You confessed, and the guy's smile became less cocky and more genuine. "Why aren't you out skating?" You asked him.

"He can't." His friend blurted.

"Dude!"

"Oh! That's okay! I can't either, obviously." He laughed a little.

"Well props to you for trying."

"Hey, uh, what was your name again?" You asked him.

"Rodrick, yours?"

"Y/N. Cool. Um, Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Wanna get a slice of Pizza with me? After the rock, fest?" He asked awkwardly. You smiled brightly.

"Yeah! Yeah I'd like that." You cheered. It was clear, Rodrick didn't really think that would work, because his handsome features lit up.

"Cool!"