*Things Get Rough

How could he? How could he just sit there, twirling his stupid drum sticks as he talked with his stupid friends about something even stupider? At first, you thought he was planning something special to ask you. Like chocolates or flowers or a big banner saying something cheesy like: "Rock on to Prom with me?" All the other girls were getting asked!

And your boyfriend just sat there. Prom was approaching quickly and if he didn't ask you soon, how were you supposed to coordinate your outfits? Did Rodrick even own a tux? You were doubtful. You sat next to him on the bench before the first bell, your blood boiling as the thought consumed you.

Did he even want to go to prom with you? Did he even want you? Did you mean anything to him? Clearly not if he's not going to ask you.

You watched him laugh with his friends before his head swiveled to your brooding gaze. That dumb smile of his still plastered to his face. He stared at you for a second before speaking.

"What?" He asked dumbly.

"Hmph!" You huffed before plucking yourself up from your seat and walking away. Rodrick's smile dropped. He looked at his friends and shrugged.

You tried to avoid him the rest of the day, which was hard because you had social studies together second period, and usually he copied your homework. But not today. Today you sat far, far away from that heartless jerk. He watched you enter with a dumb smile, expecting you to sit next to him as usual. But you turned the other cheek and sat across the room. Rodrick looked confused, he looked at the chair next to him and back at you with a sheepish scowl. That fool.

You hid at lunch so he wouldn't find you, and you decided to walk home that day so you wouldn't have to suffer an awkward ride home from him. You didn't need his charity. As you walked, you heard the faint putter of a certain vehicle. You knew that sound a mile away. You tried to walk faster but it didn't help, soon that stupid spray painted fan was right on your tail.

"Hey..." Rodrick called from the driver's side, "why are you ignoring me?" He called.

"I'm not ignoring you." You spat with your head held high in defiance.

"Yeah, you are! You've been ignoring me all day!" His head swayed back and forth from the road to you. You continued to ignore him. "Aw c'mon Y/N! At least let me drive you home!" You didn't speak. "Please, just talk to me! I'll do anything!" He whined like a sad dog. "Did I do something wrong again? Just tell me, I'll fix it!" You stopped and stared at him with rage burning in your eyes.

"If you really cared about me, you'd have already fixed it!" You shouted before stomping off again.

"Fixed what!? What did I do!?" Rodrick cried after you with a sad and frustrated huff. He watched you turn the corner to your house disappear inside.

That night, you cried into your pillow as you thought about him. You wiped away mascara stained tears as you starred fondly of a picture of the two of you together. That was the night he first asks you out after his band played a show. Suddenly you heard a tapping at your window.

Rodrick stood there in your backyard, tossing pebbles at your window. By the time you opened it to call down to him, you watched him stumble back in surprise as he tossed down a rock that more than likely shattered the glass. Lucky you.

"What do you want!?" You hissed ar him.

"I'm sorry!" He shouted.

"Shhhhhh sshhut up! Everyones asleep!" You shouted, in a hushed tone.

"I'm sorry! I..I brought you some flowers!" He hushed back, holding up a handful of harshly picked and bruised flowers he definitely got from his mother's garden. You sighed.

"Fine...come up." You walked back to your room and watched Rodrick climb up the tree beside your window and crawl like a turtle into your room with a loud thud. "Do you even know what you're apologizing for?" You scoffed at him.

"For hurting your feelings?" He asked as he stood from his place on the floor.

"No!- well, yes, but do you know how you hurt my feelings?" He took a look pause.

"No." You huffed in disbelief.

"Prom, Rodrick! You never asked me to be your date to prom!" Yknow, that sounded a lot more dramatic and heartwrenching in your head. He stared at you for a moment and then slowly he face scrunched up in confusion.

"What?" He asked, slowly walking towards you. "You're mad at me because I didn't ask you, my girlfriend, to prom?" It sounded worse when he said it. He turned your head and crossed your arms.

"...yes." He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair as he shook his head.

"But your my girlfriend, so obviously we're going together!"

"Well, how am I supposed to know that, you never brought it up!"

"Neither did you!"

"But you're the one that's supposed to ask me to the prom! You're supposed to prompose!" You shouted.

"Why would I when I thought we were already going together!?"

"Because its what you're supposed to do!" You didn't realize how close he was. You didn't realize how much taller he was than you or how his hands reached out and grabbed your face. You didn't have time to move until it was already too late. His lips were on your lips and your hands were in his hair and his hands let go of your face to wrap around you in a passionate embrace.

His chest heaved as he took deep and powerful breaths in between kisses. You shuffled back as you fell on the twin bed behind you. You moaned as his hands reached up your pajamas. His cold fingers ran across your warm flesh and his hips began to buck against yours.

Soon clothes were flying and your heart raced frantically. You craved him, unable to think of anything but him, anything but this. Right here, right now. Hormones raged on as he frantically unbuckled his belt and threw his pants down. His erection sprung free, eager and ready to please you. He slid a condom over his length and without missing a beat, leaned over you for another fevered kiss before entering. You gasped and threw your head back as it began. Your hands clawed at his back as he started to thrust into you. At first, it was nice and steady but they got harder and faster as the tension built inside you.

He buried his face into the crook of your neck and let out helpless grunts and moans of your name. His muscles tensed as you felt him get closer and closer to his limit. Just a little more, just a few more sloppy, deep thrusts, and you were done for. He reached a hand down to pleasure you further as his angle changed, hitting you perfectly. You came undone and around him. His jaw dropped and he gasped as a few more thrusts pushed him over.

"I-I'm gonna-" he groaned before spilling himself into the condom. The two of you were left panting, sweating messes, as per usual. You cleaned yourselves up and shared a few sweet kisses to calm your nerves before settling into one another's arms.

"So black and red?" You asked eventually, Rodrick still panting.

"Huh?" He huffed.

"Our colors for prom, black and red?"

"Oh...oh yeah that sounds nice."