But I Thought

It hurt your brain to think about how long you'd been friends for. Two? Three years? Since freshman year, you knew that.

Regardless, Rodrick and you were best buds, inseparable, two peas in a pod. That's how it'd been since your, now ex-girlfriend, introduced you when she was in their band. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for her and the band. And when she demanded that you leave that small group of friends you'd made with Loaded Diaper, you were more than a little hurt. Needless to say, you chose your friends. No matter how dorky they were.

Rodrick, though not the most emotionally adept, was there for you throughout the whole ordeal and consequently became your best friend and then...over time...your crush. As time went on, those butterflies in your stomach got louder and louder. Almost unbearable.

Whenever you saw him, you just wanted to hold him and hug him and kiss his stupid face. That stupid, handsome, face. It was starting to hurt, the pain, the torture of not being able to tell him how you felt. You had to get it out, it was eating you alive inside. It didn't help when he would be on the affectionate side sometimes. He was comfortable with you and so it wasn't strange for him to rest his head on yours or grab you by the arm.

You made up your mind to tell him in private. You had to it, no matter how gut wrenching the idea of it was. No matter how red your face was, how hot your cheeks got, how much you sweat. You HAD to. You promised yourself you would before the end of Senior year. So you invited him over for 'band practice' but neglected to notify the rest of the band.

"Where is everyone?" He asked as he entered the garage of your suburban home. You turned around, your heart thumping loudly in your chest. Were you blushing already? Could he tell?

"Oh, they uh, I guess they couldn't make it." You lied.

"Really? Weird." He huffed. He stood there awkwardly and looked around the room before back at you. "Wanna watch a movie or something?"

"Maybe later."

"Something wrong?"

"No, well, not really."

"You okay? You look red."

"Yeah I know, theres just...something I need to get off my chest." Fuck. Fuck. FUCK. He was shuffling closer and closer to you until he stopped a foot away.

"Whats up?" He asked cluelessly. You took a deep breath.

"Rodrick. I-I...." take a deep breath, "I like you." You spat it out. You watched him, as you saw the words go through one ear and out the other. Then he furrowed his brows. Oh no.

"You like me? Like, like like me? Like in a hug n' kiss kind of like?" He asked, looking confused.

"Yeah..." He paused and looked you over for a moment.

"But you're a lesbian." He butchered. If you were drinking something you would have spat. Half lesbian? Sure. You suddenly realized you never quiet explained your sexuality to Rodrick and neglected to tell him you were in fact, bisexual. He'd only ever seen you date women before.

"No Rodrick, I'm Bi." You chuckled. "I like both guys and girls." You explained.

"And you like me?" He pointed at himself, looking almost shocked now.

"Yes." Rodrick paused and looked around before looking back at you.

"You've got to be kidding me! This entire time, you were BI!" He cried. "I thought I was an idiot for having a crush on my gay friend!"

"Wait, what?"

"If I had known you liked guys, I would have asked you out years ago!" He declared. You let out a hardy laugh together.

"Really!?" You asked between giggles.

"Yeah!"

"Oh my god!" You laughed.

"Wanna go out!?" He yelled as you laughed at one another.

"Hell yeah!" You yelled back with glee.