...Y'Know

You felt like shit. You just felt like a pile of shit with clothes on, and hair, and everything. You had spent the majority of your day trying to get enough water, popping Advil, and generally trying to keep it all together. It was just one of those days where it was all kicking you in the ass.

So when your puppy dog of a boyfriend wanted to see you that day, you were just a little on edge. You let him in and he greeted you with a big happy smile, a smile you did not return.

"Hey beautiful!" Rodrick cheered as he entered the house and followed you to your bedroom.

"Hey..." you groaned.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he watched you fall to your bed.

"Nothing, just having a bad day." Rodrick sat beside you.

"Well...maybe I could cheer you up??" He questioned as he leaned down and planted a gentle kiss on your cheek. His lips moved to yours and gave you a soft kiss that made you feel just a little less horrible. You felt his hand run up your thigh and then suddenly to your crotch.

"Mmhm, nuh-uh, not today." You sat up and threw his hand away from you.

"What? Why not, I thought you like it when I touch you like that."

"I do but not right now!"

"You're acting weird." He blurted out.

"Acting weird!? I'm not acting weird! You're the one who's been acting weird coming on to me all of a sudden!"

"I was just trying to make you feel better, usually good sex makes you feel better!"

"Well, not today!" You shouted. He paused.

"Are you gonna tell me what's going on or what? Cuz you've never yelled at me when you tell me 'no' before." You pouted for a second. You curled your knees to your chest and groaned. You mumbled something, he leaned in.

"What?"

"I'm...I'm having my...my...y'know..." you mumbled.

"Having your what?"

"Yknow its that time..." you tried to get it across without saying it out loud.

"What time?" You sighed in frustration.

"It's that time of the month and I'm fucking miserable!" You finally admitted to the poor clueless boy. His eyebrows flew up.

"Ooooooooh!....oh."

"So sex is just...off the table right now. My head hurts, my back hurts, my guts hurt, I've been an emotional wreck all day, and it's not something I can handle right now!"

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry you're hurting. Is there...is there anything I can do for you?" He offered, moving closer to you. You thought for a moment.

"Just...just snuggles would be nice for now." Rodrick smiled.

"Yeah, I can do that no problem!" He held you close as you lay on your side facing away from him. The warmth of his body helped to ease the pain just a little bit, and the sensitivity of his touch soothed your overly sensitive body.

He left soft and gentle kisses all over your neck and got up to bring you water and food. You stayed in bed for the rest of the night, watching Tv, getting take out and generally just having a slow night as you enjoyed his company.

The pain doesn't fully go away until its all over, but a sweetheart for a partner always made things a little easier.