Chapter 2

Cliché

I was reading a fan fiction on my phone while Kino was leaning on my shoulder, trying to sleep.

Our teacher is currently absent and no substitute came to our class so it was clearly a free time. And since it was so noisy inside our classroom, Kino and I went outside.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the climax, isn't it a bit cliché that her bestfriend fell in love with her.

Woah, look who's talking.

Didn't expect that it would happen to me though. I mean, I liked Yang Hongseok, from the other class. But Kino, my bestfriend, is different.

I just noticed that it's way more different now. The way I look at Hongseok before isn't like the way I look at him now.

Before, I would feel butterflies in my stomach whenever he would pass by, then Kino would tease me. But now, it feels like his presence isn't really as important as before.

The things I felt for him, are the things I now feel for my bestfriend; but deeper.

With my best friend, I'm comfortable, I'm just me.

But the thing is, he doesn't know my feelings for him. He knows that Hongseok is the one I like. And he likes someone else too.

But the girl he likes, is taken.

Anyways, enough drama and clichés.

As I proceeded to the next chapter, I heard someone call my name so I looked up who it was and was surprised to see Hongseok.

"Hey Seorin, don't you have any teacher?"

He was wearing his backpack and was holding a lot of books. I wanted to help him but it looks like Kino is in a deep sleep while leaning on my shoulder.

"Nope, didn't attend. No substitute either."

"Oh well, the head told me earlier that I am gonna switch classes with one of your classmate since he is really noisy." he chuckled.

I just smiled at him so Kino doesn't wake up. His laugh is really cute, but Kino's laugh makes my heart flutter even though it's a bit loud, but cute.

"Let me guess, Jiminho?"

He nodded which made me chuckle. I sensed Kino moving a bit so I sat still.

"I'm sorry I can't accompany you inside." I pointed at Kino which made him smile.

"Just open the door and tell our class captain." I said and he thanked me which I replied with a nod.

I continued reading, not minding my classmate transfer to the other class.

A few minutes later, our classmates went out and told me it was lunch.

I tapped Kino's shoulder. "Hey wake up, it's lunch time."

He moved a little and the next second, he's sleeping again.

"Yah I'm hungry." I said and shook his shoulders.

"Okay okay." he rubbed his eyelids and stretched his arms.

We went to the cafeteria and bought our lunch. Then we went to the garden, which is our favorite spot in school and ate there.

"Why are you so sleepy today?"

He chewed and swallowed first before answering me. "Stayed up late to review for a test."

"Woah how hardworking." I smirked and clapped my hands.

"We don't even have a test today." I said carelessly and took a sip of my strawberry milk.

"Dummy today is our science test, it's Wednesday today."

I chocked on my milk and looked at him with wide eyes. "Shit."

It was now his turn to smirk.

"And look who didn't studied." he teased.

I quickly finished my sandwich and got up on my feet.

"Yah I need to study or else I'm gonna fail." I said and ran my fingers through my hair.

He cleaned up, grabbed my hand and we ran to our classroom.

We came 20 minutes early so we both studied since our Science class was next.

A few minutes later, Hongseok went inside and sat at the seat behind me, where Jiminho used to seat.

"What are you studying?" He asked me as he took a peak at my book.

But I was so focused on studying that Kino answered for me. "Science, we have an upcoming test later."

"Oh, our class is already done with the test earlier before I transferred here."

I immediately looked at him while my eyes were sparkling. "Well then, could you give us clues about the test?" I grinned at him.

He laughed at me and opened his science book.

I quickly stood beside him along with Kino while listening to the topics he explained.

Kino and I nodded and thanked him and went back to our seats.

Few by few, our classmates went in while holding their science books while Kino and I are reviewing the topics Hongseok told us.

And then we took the test, Hongseok didn't take the test since he already did earlier so he just watched us while we were answering.

Kino and I purposely made some mistakes so that it won't be obvious that we knew what was coming.

Everyone was surprised that Kino and I were the highest with only 3 mistakes. They clapped their hands at us as our teacher went out to grab some things.

I secretly looked at Hongseok and grinned, he chuckled then winked at me.

I was surprised and taken aback so I straightened my seat and prayed that no one would notice my cheeks turning pink.

But Kino laughed at me while tapping my shoulder. I glared at him which made him smirk.

If only he knows.