Chapter 43

Bittersweet Arrival

Seorin's POV

A deep sigh escaped from my mouth as I blankly stare at the cream colored ceiling.

Kino hasn't been responding to my texts ever since New Year's eve And I'm honestly getting really really worried.

"Hey sis aren't you going to get ready? We'll be leaving in an hour."

Not looking at Hui, I turned my head and eyed my baggage, half of it containing gifts for my friends especially Kino.

It's the day of our flight back to Korea and I still haven't heard from him. Jinho and Hongseok told me they're taking good care of him. But it doesn't stop me from worrying, especially with the term 'taking good care of him.'

I prepared myself and took one last look on my phone. Still no text, I proceeded to shower.

I stood still while the water flows, completely gazing out. Different ideas, mostly negative, flood on my mind.

Is he still mad about me not telling him about our vacation's extension? Is he busy? Why hasn't he replied to my text? What if he doesn't like me anymore? What if he resents me now? Is he angry at me? Will he ever forgive me?

Damn I hate overthinking.

I didn't noticed that tears were already flowing from my eyes. And little by little, I was already weeping.

I finished showering after about 30 minutes. I sighed once I got out of the bathroom, the cold air giving me the chills.

I immediately got dressed and took one last look on my phone, only to be filled with disappointment once again.

Still no text.

I'm quite nervous to meet him again. The past nights were already full of sadness. I continuously cried myself to sleep. Overthinking was eating my whole brain and system.

I really really missed him as hell and it hurts that we don't talk to each other anymore, although i still sent him texts even though I'm completely aware that he'll just ignore them.

I guess I'm used to his presence that now I'm craving for it. I just hope he's all right.

══════ ∘◦🍓◦∘ ═══════

Hey Korea, I'm back.

"Seorin!" Jinho came running towards me with a huge smile on his face. He hugged me tight as soon as he arrived in front of me. Hongseok was behind, a smile playing on his lips.

"Welcome back."

My eyes automatically searched behind them, but I immediately felt disappointed when i saw no traces of him.

Hui got into a conversation with Hongseok while we were walking towards the car. I was still hesitating if I should ask Jinho where Kino is.

I kept glancing at Jinho to ask him but I quickly turn away because I feel nervous for an unknown reason. I probably look stupid now.

I took a glance at him again and was surprised he chuckled, "He's at home."

"Oh." was all I can say and got into the car.

It felt like ages since we both last saw each other and it sucks. I'm really really glad that we'll see and be together again. But I'm nervous if he feels the same way.

What if he's still mad or cold? He didn't even come to the airport to greet me.

My heart began beating loud and fast as we get near home. I'm about to see him again.

The boys helped us carry our luggages inside.

I missed this house.

I was about to go next door to check on Kino but Hui told me that we were gonna eat outside.

"Is Kino coming?" I looked at Hui, desperation was somewhat visible on my eyes.

He frowned and scratched the back of his head, "I haven't heard from him yet."

My shoulders dropped as I released a sigh. Hui pulled me for a hug. "Let's get ice cream later?"

I nodded and smiled at him. "Thanks, you know just what to do when I'm sad." he ruffled my hair and pulled me outside.

We went to eat at a restaurant with Jinho and Hongseok. Yuto's flight back here is still due next week so he wasn't able to come back to Korea with us.

While conversations were going around the table, I can't help but check my phone every time incase i receive a message from him. It's making me quite anxious.

I texted him that our arrival is today so he must know that I'm already here, unless he's still completly ignoring me.

"Mom, dad, can you excuse Seorin and I for a while? We're going to get ice cream."

"Sure Hui, bring along Hongseok and Jinho with you. Your dad and I will take a stroll around the mall."

"Thanks."

We arrived at the ice cream parlor but the boys stood frozen outside. I turned to them and raised an eyebrow, "Aren't we getting ice cream?"

"Yes, you go in I'll just meet someone around." Hui said and started walking away, but was followed by Jinho and Hongseok leaving me alone.

"Wait Jinho! Hongseok!" i called but they didn't turn.

I let out a frustrated sigh,

Great, Kino's out of reach and the three boys just left me alone here.

Should I just get ice cream by myself?

"Aish." I muttered and went inside the ice cream parlor.

------------------
author's note:
hey guys! I'm sorry it took really long before I updated. How are y'all? Remember to take care of yourself and drink lots of water <3 please stay healthy and don't catch the virus :((