Chapter 16

Chill

A few days passed and Hongseok and I kept practicing, the performance is already next week. The banana milk also continued to appear on my desk with a note of motivational quotes or whatever.

But right now, I didn't attend school 'cause I'm sick as hell. I think I overworked myself, that's why I got a cold and a high fever.

Hui insisted to skip school to take care of me today, but I rejected. I know he has a test today and skipping school would make it harder.

My mum's gonna take care of me before she goes to work. She already cooked me some soup, and brushed my hair with her fingers while humming a song, making me drift off to sleep.

I woke up after an hour and saw my mom's note on my phone.

Take a rest sweetie, and don't forget to eat. Drink lots of water, okay? I'll come back home later with your favorite treats. I love you

Mom's note made me smile and soften my heart. I got up and looked at the mirror. My hair's a bit messy and my lips are dry.

I combed my hair and stared at my reflection for a few minutes. Then I hummed and danced to the dance Hongseok and I are gonna perform.

My muscles hurt, damn. Maybe I did overwork myself.

I was surprised when Kino suddenly barged in while I was still dancing. I stopped and looked away, feeling embarassed.

"Hey why are you dancing? You should rest." Kino said as he put a paper bag on the desk beside my bed.

"What are you doing here? Classes aren't finished yet." I complained.

"I sneaked out," he said making my eyes widen and smack his arm. "Hey, I can't concentrate on class anyways. I'm worried you know?"

"Aww!" I smiled widely, but coughed because of my itchy throat.

"Where's- aISH." I coughed once again as I was losing my voice. I get irritated when my voice is hoarse.

"Where is Hongseok?" I asked, regaining my voice.

"At school, he's a good boy."

"And you're a naughty boy." I pointed at him with a smirk.

He rolled his eyes and smirked as well. "Does visiting my sick best friend make me a naughty boy?"

"You know you could visit after class is done." I argued back making him pout.

He went to my desk and got a banana milk from the paper bag. He gave it to me, "From your admirer."

I accepted the banana milk. He fished something out of the paper bag then gave me a strawberry milk.

"And from me." he said with a smile while handing me the milk.

I happily accepted it and drinked it right away. Strawberry milk is my all time favorite.

He chuckled, "You really love strawberry milk, don't you."

I nodded and put the empty carton of strawberry milk on the trash bin. I drink really fast.

I threw myself in bed then looked at Kino. "What do you wanna do?"

He shrugged. "You should rest. But, do you wanna watch a Horror movie?"

I grinned and we fist bumped. "Let's watch in the living room." I got my laptop and went downstairs with him.

He picked a horror movie with a doll, which I rejected. I really hate creepy dolls.

So he picked another movie instead, "Train to Busan? Really?" I boredly said.

He smiled sheepishly, "We had already watched all of the horror movies this site recommended. Except the doll one which you rejected."

I raised an eyebrow, I am not watching that freaking doll movie.

I sighed, "Fine."

"But if you're really that scared, we could watch something else, even if we already watched it."

"Nah I'm fine." I assured him.

The movie started and we were seating really close on the sofa. I was surprised when he held my hand and looked at me.

"Don't be scared, I'm here." he smiled, making me also smile and less scared.

The movie started peacefully like any other horror movies. Until we reached the rising action.

"Aish why do the characters always check those weird noises at night?" I complained making Kino laugh.

The little girl went inside the old, dirty, and creepy door. Then she saw a rocking chair with a body seated. She walked closer, and the body, which was a doll suddenly turned around; followed by the scream of the little girl.

"Sh*t!" I quickly buried my face on Kino's shoulder, terrified by the scene.

I really hate fvcking dolls.

I heard Kino laughing making me shot a glare at him. He put his hand and rubbed my shoulder, as if comforting me.

Luckily I was able to survive watching the movie. But my mouth automatically curses, especially whenever a jump scare appears.

The movie has finished but Kino and I remain seated comfortably, not moving even a bit. He rested his head on my shoulder.

He's a tall guy, won't he be uncomfortable knowing that I'm kinda short? I looked at him but his eyes were closed, he looked really peaceful.

He looks really beautiful.

No wonder I really like him, he's almost perfect. Plus he's a really caring person, and a boyfriend material.

I flinched when I saw the door open and immediately put my finger on my lips, gesturing for Hui too keep quiet.

He smirked at me then made kissing noises. I picked up the empty water bottle on my side and threatened to throw it at him.

He took out his phone and took a picture of us. Then he excitedly went upstairs with a smirk.

I let out a sigh and looked at Kino,

Will I be able to get over you?