Chapter 35

[warning: cheesy and full of fluff]

Winter is Coming

It's been weeks since the pool party and it's been the same. Kino and I would walk to school and spend the whole day with each other. And of course, there will always be jealous moments.

But Kino has a fever and is home right now. So I cooked some rice porridge for him

After cooking, I went directly to Kino's house. Along with some notes I took during class.

"How are you feeling? I cooked some rice porridge and kimchi."

His eyes seem to glow up as he look at me. "You cooked this?"

I smiled widely and nodded. "I'm gonna get a spoon." I excitedly said and hurried downstairs.

When I returned, he was smiling. I raised an eyebrow at him and asked why.

"I'm just really happy and touched that you cooked for me." he got the spoon and took a mouthful.

He glanced at me with twinkling eyes. "It tastes really good!"

I watched him as he continued eating with a smile. I feel proud of my cooking.

"Let me take care of this." I gathered all the things until he stopped me with a chuckle.

"I'm already feeling better, I can handle this. Just wait for me here then we'll study, okay?" I shrugged then nodded.

Kino missed some lessons since he was absent so I took some notes for him.

"Let's study in the living room?" I nodded and followed him downstairs.

I taught him about our latest lessons and he caught up well. He isn't that hard to teach.

"Are you supposed to add this?" he showed me the equation in math. His head is resting on my shoulder while doing our math homework.

"Yes." I said and continued reading the fanfic I recently got into. I'm done with our homework anyway and Kino said he could manage.

I suddenly noticed that Kino is quiet and isn't whispering the equations he's solving like he does. I glance at him and realized he fell asleep.

I smiled at his cute face and fixed my posture so that he'll be comfortable. After a few minutes, I keep noticing that his head keeps sliding off.

I tapped his shoulder, "Do you wanna lie down?"

He nodded. I got the pillow from my side and put it on my lap. I caressed and played with his hair while he continued to sleep.

He looks like an angel peacefully sleeping. He looks so beautiful.

I honestly feel cold but I didn't budge, not wanting to wake him up. His warmth is enough.

After an hour, I carefully tapped his shoulder. "Hey wake up, you need to drink your medicine."

He didn't move so I pressed his waist, tickling him. He jumped out of surprise and glared at me.

Slowly, a smirk formed on his face. He went towards me and I knew I had to make a run for it.

And so I did. I ran around the living room, completely dodging from everything I could hit.

Then I went upstairs to his bedroom and locked the door. I walked towards his bed and sat while composing myself and catching my breath.

A few seconds later, I was startled when the door opened and revealed a smirking Kino. "Now you can't escape!"

He ran towards me and started tickling me. "Kino s-stop haha!" tears are already forming in my eyes.

He laughed, "That's for tickling me and waking me up." Later, he slowly stopped.

We both panted, catching our breaths from all the running and tickling earlier. He held my hand as I curl up to his chest.

He caressed my hair while humming a song. I felt warm and safe in his embrace. I closed my eyes, feeling the moment and the happiness I feel.

I could hear his heart beating from his chest. We cuddle a lot but I still feel as if it's the first time. My heart beats loud and fast.

But I gasp when I realize something. He glanced at me with a worried expression.

"Why what happened?"

I lightly smack his arm. "We ran around the house and had a tickle fight."

"And?"

"You have a fever!" he chuckled and held me closer. I pouted and looked at him.

"I'm fine now. Thanks for caring." he said then kissed my forehead. I couldn't help and smiled. My heart beat louder and faster, and I could feel my cheeks turning red.

I noticed something from his window. It's snow!

"It's snowing Kino!" I excitedly said earning a laugh from him.

"I want to build a snowman and have a snowball fight."

"Then let's do it tomorrow." I looked at him and he smiled. "Don't worry, I swear I'm already feeling better."

I nodded and stuffed my face in his chest, completely enjoying his warmth.

"Tomorrow it is then." I smiled widely and closed my eyes.