Chapter 8

Seating Arrangement

"Yah wake up, class is gonna start." Kino tapped my shoulder.

It's Monday today and I'm sleepy as hell. I stayed up late again to watch tv, since my favorite kdrama airs every Sunday night.

I removed my earphones and prepared myself. Our teacher, Mrs. Jin, came and announced that she will be arranging our seats.

Everyone had switched seats, except for me. Mrs. Jin made me stay on my seat while Kino was moved to the left side of the third row.

My seat is on the right side of the second row. Hongseok seated on Kino's previous seat, which is beside me.

"Ms. Jung, beside mr. Kang."

From my peripheral vision, I saw Kino suppress a smile.

Our seats are by two, so they're seated closely.

I frowned and laid my head down on my desk. Hongseok noticed and smirked while watching at me.

"Aren't you happy that I'm your seatmate?" he pouted at me.

I rolled my eyes at him and smiled, but not the smile that reaches the eyes.

He just tapped my head and caress my hair while looking at me softly.

We had our normal class with our new seating arrangement. But the teacher in our next class gave us a free time since our class had already finished the lesson.

Our teacher's only request was for us to be not too noisy and not walk around.

Kino remained in his seat and talked with Hyunsoo, they were already laughing and such.

I frowned and got my journal, deciding to make a poem.

"Seorin," Hongseok called. "Let's talk."

I suddenly felt nervous because he sounded serious.

He noticed and laughed. "Not in a serious matter. I mean, like let's catch up or whatever." he rubbed his nape.

I smiled at him and nodded.

"So what are we gonna talk about?" I asked.

"Firstly, your confession."

I felt my cheeks burn, I didn't expect that we'd be talking about this.

"So what did you like about me?" he grinned and cocked his head to the right.

"So straight forward aye?" I chuckled. "Well there was a time when I heard you singing. You see, I have a thing for guys who can sing and play musical instruments."

He nodded. "I see."

"But the thing is, there's someone I like more. So yeah, it's um not you anymore, you know what I'm saying?" I mentally slapped my forehead. Why the heck am I so awkward?

"Yeah and I'm guessing it's Kino, right?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

I felt my cheeks burn which made him smirk.

Am I that obvious?

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." he laughed.

I rolled my eyes at him and frowned.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Based on my observation, the way you look at him is different. It has something, like your eyes are sparkling." He gave my shoulder a nudge.

We talked more and he kept teasing me until Kino came.

"What's up? And why is your face red?" he pointed at me.

Hongseok bursted out laughing that made me punch his arm.

Kino looked at me quizzically and later on smirked.

"It looks like you two are having fun aye?"

Hongseok put his arm around my shoulder. He then looked at Kino and smiled mischievously.

"Yup!"

I rolled my eyes at them, aish these two.

Kino was surprised and folded his arms. "Aww you two lovebirds! But sadly it's lunch so we better get going."

He went out while Hongseok was laughing.

I chuckled and slapped my forehead. Knowing Kino, he's the type of best friend that easily gets jealous.

"Let's go, your crush is grumpy today."

I glared at him and went to Kino who was waiting.