Chapter 45

Confrontation

I woke up with a heavy heart and a damn headache. I reached for my phone on my bed side table.

1:13 pm

It's already late and lunch already passed. But why didn't my parents wake me up?

I saw a bowl of tonkatsu and a glass of strawberry milk and some medicine on my study desk. There was also a note from Hui,

Mom and dad left early for work. I told them I'll take care of you for now. I just went to the grocery to buy you some things. Bring the dishes down when you're done eating.

Everything is gonna be fine, i got u lil sis.

-hui

The food was still a bit warm and the milk was still cold so I think it hasn't been long since Hui left. I'm really really thankful for having a brother like him although he teases me a lot.

I ate my lunch with a smile at Hui's efforts. When I was done, I went downstairs to wash the dishes.

I was surprised to see someone on the sofa wearing a hood, but I figured it was Hui.

"You're already back?" I asked but almost dropped the bowl and glass when he turned, and I saw Kino.

"Y-you're awake."

"Yeah." I mumbled. We both froze and it was a bit awkward.

"I'm just gonna wash these and we'll talk." I said earning a nod from him.

After cleaning, I sat at the sofa across from him and inhaled deeply. "I know you want to say something, shoot."

He smiled faintly, "You really do know me."

I looked away completely avoiding eye contact and cleared my throat.

"First I want to explain what happened." he took a deep breath and looked at me straight in the eyes.

"When I found out that your stay was extended, I was really surprised and kind of... hurt. Because why didn't you told me? I felt as if you didn't trust me or what so I was really saddened. My hopes of seeing you soon were crushed. You do know I'm sensitive. I spent the night drinking with Jinho and Hongseok. Then the day after, I went mountain climbing to release stress and to calm myself.

"But an accident happened, I went through the hard path and I almost slipped. I almost hurt myself but I survived even though I got a minor sprain. My parents told me to rest and confiscated my phone to lessen my exposure to radiation. Like you, I also spent countless nights thinking about you. I felt really sorry and I didn't want to bother and ruin your vacation because I know you're gonna worry about my sprain.

"But I was a fool for not updating you even through Hongseok. I could have said I'm fine but there was still a part of me that hurt because you didn't tell me sooner and you spoiled my excitement that day. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being sensitive, I'm sorry for not updating you even once, I'm sorry for worrying you a lot, I'm so-"

I cut him off by pulling him into a hug. I did my best not to make any sounds while crying as I rub his back. He hugged me back really tight and whispered, "I'm really sorry for everything. I missed and love you so much."

I faced him and wiped the flowing tears on his cheek. That's when I noticed his eyes, it was a mixture of sadness, pain, and longing. I smiled faintly, "I'm sorry too."

"We both made mistakes and I hope we learn from them. I'm sorry I crushed your hopes before Christmas."

"It's okay now. I forgave you already even before you apologized to me. You're a strong woman for facing all those things by yourself."

I smiled, "You too. But next time, let's face those problems together."

He nodded and pulled me in again for a hug. "God I missed you so much. It was a month of torture when I weren't able to see and talk to you."

We decided to watch a movie and cuddle while doing so. It felt good and as if everything was back to the way it was before, watching movies while I lean on his shoulder and he brushes my hair.

After a few hours, Hui got home and looked at us in relief. "I kept cursing the traffic because I'm running late and you guys might need me, but thank God you're okay now."

I giggled at Hui's protective brother side and hugged him, "Thanks for having my back, Hui."

"All the time." he said and ruffled my hair. "Good thing I brought pizza, what you guys watching?"

Hui sat beside Kino and leaned his head on Kino's shoulder playfully. "Stroke my hair too."

Kino grunts in disgust as I laugh at the sight of them. It feels good to be back and to be with him again.

══════ ∘◦🍓◦∘ ═══════
Author's Note
Helloooo!! how are yall doing this quarantine? stay safe and drink lots of water <3 sorry it took long before i updated so here are two chapters !! thanks for voting and commenting uwu i love reading your reactions (^^)