Chapter 25

Distance

Seorin's POV

I don't know why I have a bad feeling today. Kino hasn't replied to my text yesterday.

Maybe he's just busy.

I came to my senses when I hear Hui screaming, telling me to hurry or I'm gonna be late.

I quickly finished showering and wore my uniform.

"See you later!"

I went outside and was a bit surprised that Kino wasn't there. Usually, Kino would wait and walk to school with me.

I decided to go to his house, when I suddenly received a text.

Pinokino:
I'm already at school, no need to wait for me.

I frowned, is there something wrong?

I walked to school like a zombie, I feel drained.

"Goodmorning Seorin!" A smiling Jinho who was passing by greeted me. I smiled at him and waved.

"Hey are you ok?"

I glanced at the person who asked me that, but felt disappointed when I realized it wasn't Kino. Hongseok stroked my hair and smiled, but his eyes are full of worry.

He's just like Kino.

I frowned at that thought. I let out a deep sigh, making Hongseok's smile drop.

"I really have a bad feeling today."

We arrived at the classroom where I spot a strawberry milk on my desk. I looked at Hongseok with my eyebrow raised, but he just shrugged. "It's not from me I swear."

I got the note taped on the carton and quietly read it.

Seorin-ah,
So um I don't know how to start this...
Well as of now, I need time by myself to think of something. I'm sorry but I won't be hanging out with you guys for a few days. It's not that I hate you or something but I just need time by myself. I'm sorry :(

♡ Kino

My mind went blank, and I could feel my tears threatening to fall. But I did my best not to cry since I'm at school.

I quickly looked around for Kino but he wasn't in his seat.

"Excuse me Hongseok, I have to go to the restroom."

I walked to the restroom with my head down as if I'm sulking. I washed my face as soon as I arrived and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

Don't cry Seorin, he just needs time for his self.

But I'm really worried. He's always there whenever I feel sad, I should be there for him too.

I took a deep breath and hugged myself. Everything will be fine.

I was walking back to the classroom when I crossed paths with Kino. His eyes widened when he saw me and he quickly looked away.

Now that just broke my heart.

I proceeded to class still curious and hurt. Ugh why am I so sensitive?

I decided to send him a text,

From: PaboSeorin
Yah are you okay? Don't think too much or else you'll get a headache. Everything will be okay, I'm here if you need me♡

I let out a sigh, sending him my message.

I looked at him when I heard his phone buzzed. He must have forgotten to turn his phone into silent, good thing our teacher hasn't arrived yet.

I could see his lips curve into a small smile, but sadness visible on his face.

I want to hug him and cheer him up.

"Seorin-ah." Hongseok called.

"Yeah?"

"I'm gonna be gone for a few days." he said. I raised an eyebrow and asked him why.

"My cousin's wedding is coming up. My family and I are going to fly to somewhere for their wedding."

I nodded at him then pouted.

Kino wants space while Hongseok's away. Who will I hang out with?

Yanan, I haven't heard much from him.

Hongseok must have noticed my knitted eyebrows, he smiled then ruffled my hair. "Don't worry, I asked someone to accompany you."

"Who?" I asked but he just winked. "When will you go though?"

"Tomorrow." he replied, I just nodded when our teacher came and started the class.

------------------------

I'm still adjusting a bit, I feel like something is missing. Kino.

I'm walking by myself to school today. I'm still tired and sleepy as heck. I think I only had a few hours of sleep last night because of crying and thinking. I'm thankful though that my eyes aren't puffy and red.

"Seorin!" I heard someone called. I looked around to see Jinho walking towards me with a smile.

"Are you free later? For break I mean."

"Yes, why?"

"Do you want to eat together?" he smiled sweetly. He looks so cute I wanna pinch his cheeks.

"Sure thing." I replied with a smile as well, making his eyes widen.

"Thank you! Let me walk you to class." he offered which I accepted.

We talked about a lot of things while walking, and I felt a bit sad when I realized we were already in front of my classroom.

"Thanks for accompanying me, and for talking to me." he smiled and ruffled my hair.

Why do they like to ruffle my hair so much?

But I was surprised to see Kino at the door peeking. Jinho also must have noticed because he let out a laugh.

"I better get going, someone is glaring at me. I'll wait for you later ok?" he winked and waved as he left.

----------------
Author's Note:
YIEEE WE REACHED 500 VIEWS UWU Thanks for reading this book even though it has a lot of flaws. And also, Pentagon's comeback is tOMORROW ALREADY SOSJSKSK IM DAMN EXCITED. LET'S GET OUR BOYS THEIR FIRST WIN THAT THEY DESERVE 💜

 LET'S GET OUR BOYS THEIR FIRST WIN THAT THEY DESERVE 💜