Chapter 17

Performance

After a few minutes, Kino woke up. He looked around and realized that it was already 8:30pm.

"Sorry I slept long." He cutely apologized.

"Stay for dinner, my mom's gonna arrive soon."

He stood up. "I'd love to but I got to go, my parents are probably waiting for me."

I nodded and smiled, he really prioritizes his family. "Okay."

I walked him to the door when he suddenly turned and pulled me into a tight hug.

I missed his hug, but..

"Hey you might catch a cold because of me." I worriedly said but he just shushed me.

"Then you'll skip class and visit me next time." He playfully joked.

I chuckled, "All right then."

He released and smiled at me. "Goodnight Seorin, sleep and rest well okay?"

I nodded and waved at him as he went out.

-------------

"Wah you're back already!" Hongseok greeted me when I arrived.

After 2 days since Kino visited me, I decided to attend school already. I was feeling better anyways.

I smiled and put the usual banana milk in my bag. Chingudeul still keeps on leaving them on my desk.

"Good thing I cooked my lunch today, I had a feeling you would come." Hongseok said.

"What? Why are you already here?"

I turned around to see Kino, his left hand holding a strawberry milk while his right hand was on his waist.

I pouted, "Don't you wanna see me?"

"It's not like that, but you should rest until you're fully recovered."

I realized he was right, I don't know why I attended school today when I usually find excuses to skip.

"You're right, but I'm already here." I shrugged at him.

"At least you won't need to skip later because of me." I winked at him making him frown.

"Anyways, take this." he handed me a strawberry milk.

My eyes twinkled, "Thanks!" He smiled then went to his seat.

Classes began as per normal, then came music class.

Mr. Kim gave us time to practice for our performance next week. He allowed some of us to practice outside, but not too far away.

Hongseok and I went outside. "Did you practice while I was gone?"

He smiled sheepishly. "Yeah-? Sometimes."

I raised an eyebrow at him. He looked at me and I could see guilt in his eyes.

"Hey I practiced at home. I kept thinking of your face that would scold me if I won't practice, as an inspiration."

I smacked his arm and laughed. "Okay then."

We kept practicing as usual and I noticed how he improved. I clapped my hands excitedly.

"You're doing better, keep it up!"

--------

Days passed until it was already our performance day.

I held Hongseok's hand then looked at him and smiled. He too smiled at me as he let out a sigh.

First performers were Wooseok and Yeeun, performing hiphop while rapping at some parts. They're really cool.

We were called after a few more performers. This is it, time to shine.

Hongseok and I started dancing. Our performance is a mix of Red Velvet's Red Flavor and Ice Cream Cake.

We were doing good and Hongseok looked really cute wearing a headband, which reminded me of Jinho.

"I scream, you scream, Gimme that, gimme that ice cream!"

Everyone in class applauded with a laugh, including our teacher.

We high-fived as we went back to our seats. Next performers were Kino and Hyunsoo, who will be performing an emotional dance.

As always, Kino slayed this performance. His moves were sharp yet smooth and his facial expressions were on point. Overall, he danced just as perfect as always.

As for Hyunsoo, well I didn't really watched her for my attention was all focused on Kino.

In the end, most of us got really good and high grades. Hongseok was also complimented for dancing all cute and amusing the whole class.

It was all good, and I felt really proud and accomplished. I even invited Hongseok and Kino to go somewhere after class to treat them, which the two gladly accepted.

We were eating hotteok when Kino suddenly waved his hand in front of us caughting our attention.

"3 days to go!!" he excitedly said, Hongseok and I exchanged looks with confusion on our eyes.

"Ah!" Hongseok exclaimed and looked at Kino.

What's up in 3 days?