Chapter 28

Joahaeyo

Seorin's POV

Kino released from the hug and handed me a rose. "Seorin, I-"

I looked at him intently, is this really happening? Is he-?

"I like you."

A simple phrase, but made my heart explode. I can feel fireworks inside me, I can feel my stomach aching. The heck is this what they call butterflies? I just feel as if my stomach is growling.

My mind is kinda blank as his words repeated in my head.

"I like you."
"I like you."
"I like you."

"W-what?" I muttered under my breath, not even sure if he heard it.

His cheeks were red as a tomato, and so is mine. I haven't experienced this before.

I feel so flattered.

The way he said it was calm, but there was sincerity in it. And the way he looked at me. His eyes were speaking, I could see that he is serious.

I gulped, should I also confess?

"It's okay if you don't feel the same. I don't wanna force you to like me back. But please don't get awkward. If you're not comfortable then forget all this happened. I'm scared to risk but I did. I'm already hurting enough to see you with Jinho but it's okay if you like him. Just-" he said so fast as if he's rapping, until I cut him off.

"I like you too."

His eyes widened and a smile slowly formed on his lips. "So Hongseok was right."

I raised an eyebrow and shot a glare, "He told you?"

"Nope," he raised both his arms as if surrendering. "But he told me once that he knows you like me too."

"'I know he/she likes you too' is really his favorite quote isn't it." I sarcastically said making Kino laugh.

I missed that laugh.

"I missed you." I blurted out, he looked at me with a soft expression and hugged me. "Me too, I missed you so damn much."

He patted my head and before I knew it he was messing my hair. "Yah!"

He chuckled, still holding me in his arms. "Enough of the drama, we've been through a lot. Especially jealous and hurting moments." he said as he released me and smiled.

"I knew you like me. How could anyone resist my charms."

I smacked his chest and rolled my eyes, "You're not wrong though."

He was surprised by my response and slowly, he smiled.

We both stayed quiet, but it wasn't an awkward nor tensed silence. I rest my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, feeling the moment.

I feel better knowing that we're okay now. And knowing he likes me too is actually a bonus.

We decided to head to class when we noticed that there weren't students around anymore, indicating that class is about to start.

Our jaw dropped when we saw Hongseok in the classroom, smirking while watching us.

"I knew it'll happen today."

"Yah were you just ghosting us? Did you really left for your cousin's wedding?"

He looked taken aback then nodded aggressively. "Yeah I did. But my gut feeling told me that something is gonna happen today. You know how gut feelings work." he shrugged.

Kino and I exchanged looks, I then smacked Hongseok in his arm while Kino hit his head just light enough.

"What was that for?!"

We smiled at him then patted his head, "Our lovey dovey cupid is back."

We laughed while Hongseok frowned at us, which later turned into a smile as well.

"I'm glad both of you are okay now."

"And better." Kino added and slipped his arm around my shoulder.

Hongseok nodded with an amused and teasing look. But his eyes suddenly widened, you could tell he was quite nervous.

"Jinho..."

We heard something and turned, only to see Jinho peeking at the door smiling, but with a hint of sadness.

"Jinho, wait!" I exclaimed and ran towards Jinho while Hongseok and Kino followed.

"Don't worry about me. I'm honestly happy, it was just a small crush anyway." he assured and smiled.

"I got to get going, class is gonna start soon. I just wanted to give Seorin this." he handed me a paper bag. I peeked inside and saw chocolates.

"See you Seorin, I hope we could still be friends."

I smiled then hugged him, "I already consider you a best friend."

"Ehem." Kino coughed making Jinho chuckle.

"Thanks Seorin." Jinho smiled then ruffled my hair and waved as he left, just like what he always does.

I'm honestly gonna miss him though, I hope we can still hangout.

We proceeded to class as per normal. But Kino would often text me even though the teacher is teaching. This boy seriously.

This was the latest dismissal that I'm glad about. Because Kino and I can hangout after school.

"Come on Seorin! We're going somewhere." Kino pulled me to the parking lot.

I was a bit confused when he told me to get inside a familiar car.

"Isn't this Jinho's car?"

"Yup! I borrowed it for today."

I glanced at him with a worried expression, "How is he gonna go home then?"

"I'm coming with you!" a cute cheerful voice said and hopped inside the car.

I smiled upon seeing Jinho, then I got off the car to seat at the back.

"Yah where are you going?"

"To sit beside Jinho." I coyly said. Kino groaned but proceeded driving as Jinho and I talked.