Chapter 23

Hongseok

Is Hongseok really Chingudeul?

I want to confront him, but I don't wanna jump to conclusions plus I don't have enough evidence yet.

My mom and dad came home before my birthday ended and greeted me. They said that we will have a dinner somewhere tomorrow.

I asked where but they said that it's a surprise.

I guess I should sleep now, I'll get more evidence before I ask Hongseok. It'll be really embarassing if I ask him but it's not him.

-------------------

I entered the classroom and saw a guy wearing a black hoodie putting something on my desk. My eyes widened when I saw that it was a banana milk. I remained quiet and tiptoed towards the guy.

I put my hand and pushed his shoulder so I could see his face.

"SEORIN-AH!"

A loud voice woke me up from my dream. I glared at Hui who was smiling nervously at me.

"You have a visitor downstairs." he said then hurriedly left. He knows I hate it when someone wakes me up early in the morning on a weekend.

I glanced at the clock and saw that it's 8am. Who the heck would visit me this early?

I prepared myself and went downstairs. Hongseok was on the sofa playing on his phone.

My eyes widened when I noticed that he was wearing the exact same clothes the guy in my dream wore.

I shook my head, it's surely just a coincidence.

"Oh Seorin! So what happened on your date yesterday?" he asked then grinned.

"Why are you here so early? I mean, you're welcome to go here. But why so early?" I complained but he just laughed.

"I asked Kino to come over later, I came early to ask you about your date."

I raised an eyebrow, "My parents are still probably asleep, so let's talk in my room."

"Do you want me to call Hui?" I asked but he just looked at the notes on my desk, the notes from Chingudeul.

"I see you found out the message." he smiled, not taking his eyes off the notes.

"Was it... you?"

He looked at me with a smile.

-------

Hongseok's POV

I decided to visit Seorin early since I wanted to ask about Kino's surprise, and to tell her the truth.

The truth that I, am the mystery guy who gave her all those banana milks.

When I first transferred to their class, I already noticed how close Kino and Seorin are.

My seat was just behind Seorin, and I would always witness whenever Kino would poke her playfully, stroke her hair, make her laugh, put his arm around her, hug her, and look at her.

And as a guy, I know the way he looks and smiles at her.

But I also know that Seorin likes me since she gave me a letter of confession last month. And I suspect that that's the thing stopping him.

Whenever he was with Hyunsoo, I was with Seorin. I would make her mood lighter because I know she's a bit jealous.

I wanted Kino to get jealous and realize his feelings. I know he trusts me because I am after all his friend, and Seorin's crush in his view.

So I pretended to be a mystery guy, I didn't even know why I messaged her before. I just felt like it, then I deactivated because I didn't know what to do.

That made Seorin sad, which Kino knew and cheered her up.

When Seorin admitted that he likes Kino, that's when I started the banana milk giving or whatever you call that. And just as planned, Kino was really curious who did it.

I would sometimes glance on his seat to see his eyebrows furrowed, especially in the morning whenever the banana milk is on Seorin's desk.

And now I know my plan worked.

After partying on the night of Seorin's birthday, we stayed at Hui's room and had a deep conversation.

Hui is protective of Seorin, although it doesn't really show because he is more of a playful brother. He also asked us about her love life and stuff.

I could tell he knows about Seorin's crush because of the way he looks at Kino.

And then there's Kino, shyly admitting that he has a crush on Seorin.

I stopped sending banana milks because the message I'm trying to give her is done. On each note of the banana milk, I left a letter. When compiled, it forms the sentence I told her before, and on her birthday.

"I know he likes you too."

And now that she had already deciphered it, I'm finally gonna tell her my plan.

That I am Chingudeul.

But I can't,

Kino hasn't confessed yet.

Save me Kino, you owe me big time.