five

It was the end of secret sharing and the beginning of truth or dare.

Edgeworth seemed uneasy about it, but he went along.

"Okay! I go first! Nick, truth or dare?" Maya asked.

"Errr...Truth." he replied.

"Okay then. Did you have a crush on my sister, Mia?" She devilishly smirked.

"N-no! She was just my chief! That'd be...weird!"

"Uh-huhhh...okay then, you ask someone!"

Phoenix turned to me. "Truth or dare, Aya?"

I flinched. "Uhm...dare.." I said, fiddling with my fingers.

He looked around. "Hmm..I thought you were gonna pick truth."

I tittered slightly.

"Too bad." I smirked.

"Hmm...well then. I dare you to..." Phoenix thought.

Edgeworth yawned.

"I'm getting there, Edgeworth!" Phoenix said, causing everyone to laugh.

"I dare you to share your opinions on everyone here. Good and bad." Phoenix said.

"Okay. Thats easy." I shrugged and turned to Maya.

"Maya, you're sweet, funny and caring but you're annoying at times."

I turned to Phoenix. "Phoenix, you're amazing and sweet but overprotective."

He blushed and I turned to Miles. "Miles..you're caring and formal but....you're also incognizant."

I then realized he's a fancy high class man and probably knows what incognizant means.

He shook his head and lifted his shoulders. "You're prepossessing, Aya."

"Pre...puh...what?" I tilted my head.

He did the same shoulder and head thing.

I shrugged and continued on. "Okay, Miles, truth or dare?"

"Truth." He leaned back.

"Do you have a crush?" I smirked.

It was a childish question and I doubt he'd answer but it was worth a shot.

"Pfft. Crushes are for primary school." Miles turned his head to the side.

Ohhoho. I know what you're doing. You're hoping your hair will hide your pink tinted cheeks. You have a crush, don't you? Who is it?

"I'm tireeeeeeeed!" Maya yawned. "I want ramen and a nap."

"You always want ramen." Phoenix said.

Maya nodded. "Ohhh! Can we go to that ramen restaurant down the street? Please please please?!"

"It's dead nigh--" Phoenix began.

"Yay! You're the best, Nick! Let's go let's go let's go!" Maya started tugging on his arm until he finally gave in and left me and Miles alone.

Miles looked at me.

Usually, in any show, the two characters would either warmly kiss or quickly make out. And knowing Miles, he'd probably warmly, slowly kiss me. But he didn't. He didn't even move.

You're a tough one to get, huh?

I hated the tension. But I don't make first moves.

He got up and walked to the kitchen. "Want some tea?"

Damn you! Damn you!!

I nodded. "Please."

I heard the water start to boil.

"Truth or dare, Miles?" I asked, looking down.

"Wouldn't it be my turn to ask? Truth or dare, Aya?"

I chuckled. "Dare."

It went silent for a bit and I was expecting a 'kiss me' or something like that but the silence just got worse and I could go insane but I just waited and waited and waited and waited and...

"Come over here, Aya."

That wasn't even a dare!

I did as I was told and stood behind him.

He just started pouring the tea and I was expecting him to say 'I dare you to hold this for me' taken by what he's been saying and doing but...

I was wrong.

He put his heated hand on my cheek and I got so happy.

But he's probably gonna ask if his hand is hot or something.

But no...his eyes were warm and filled with love.

Or it was my imagination. Maybe a dream.

He turned around slightly and gave me the warmest, loveliest peck on the head.

My dreams....they're coming true.

"You're quite the catch." He said silently.

"I don't play baseball." I said, making the dumbest joke ever. But he laughed.

He laughed at my stupid joke.

He laughed.

He turned back to the tea sadly.

"Manfred wouldn't approve of you. Or us." He said, as if we were a couple.

I wrapped my arms around him, placing my hands on his arms.

He stopped and raised his head.

"Is it bad to feel quick true love?" I asked, placing my head on his back.

He didn't give an answer.

He grabbed the tea cups and placed them on the coffee table, causing me to let go but he grabbed my hands softly.

We spent a few minutes staring at each other and I knew what was to happen next.

"Aya..." He spoke.

"Miles..." I replied.

"I don't know how to kiss."

I chuckled. "Just put your lips against mine. Like this."

I demonstrated a kiss on him and parted after a few seconds.

He nodded and kissed me, doing surprisingly good for his first try.

"Miles..." I mumbled.

"Is this what love really feels like? Huh...it's weird but I enjoy it." He pecked my lips.

"We can't let them know though...one of them may get the word to either Von Karma and I don't even know what will happen.." He pecked my lips again.

I nodded.

He smiled and kissed me again, as if he was still expirementing.

He picked me up, placed me on the couch, and as if seeing my tired eyes, cuddled me to sleep.

Best night ever.