fifteen

Okay flashbacks are over. We're now in the current life.

I've been spending the last few days wondering how to contact Mia without losing my body.

I finally found out how.

But that means she'll be back for real. She won't be dead.

That's a good thing, right?

Once Mia finally answered, I saw her spirit standing in front of me.

"Mia!" I smiled.

"Aya. My little bird." She held my cheeks.

"Mia...I need help.." I looked down.

"Ah. Let me guess. With Phoenix? Are you two still together? You haven't channeled me in such a long time. You've grown so big." She smiled.

"Yea its with Phoenix...no we're not together. I'm with..." I gulped. "I'm with Miles Edgeworth." I looked up at her.

"Mr. Edgeworth? Well, my my. That's quite hard to get his love. What's your issue, Ayabird?"

"Yesterday, when Miles left, Phoenix kissed me and said how'd he wanna go back in time and fix his mistake.."

She nodded. "Continue."

"Phoenix is great, he is. But...my heart belongs to Miles. But I don't wanna hurt Phoenix."

Her spirit became more visible.

Huh? How?

"Ayabird...Phoenix is a catch. And his heart really belongs to you. But Miles has been hurt." She held my hands.

I sniffled. "I know he has. And he doesn't feel anything. Who would I be to take that away?"

"Exactly. There will be a time when you and Phoenix will be walking up the stairs together, but for now...you're holding the hand of Mr. Prosecutor."

I nodded. "So what you're saying is...stay with Edgeworth but stay close to Phoenix?"

She nodded. "You get the point. Thank you for bringing me back, Ayabird. Where'd you learn to do this?" She looked at her outfit, remembering the old her.

"Tips and tricks of a spirit medium. They come in handy." I winked.

My phone rang and I looked at it. "It's Edgeworth.."

"Speak of the devil." She smiled.

I answered it. "Hey?"

"Aya." He said.

"Miles....?" I replied.

"What're you doing right now?" He asked.

"I'm...uh...hanging in my room...why?" I asked, sitting down.

"I'm coming over, okay? It's very important."

I hummed a 'mhmhm'.

He hung up and I got worried.

"Oh, Ayabird! Please call Maya over eventually!" Mia smiled.

"You really wanna go public that early?" I looked at her.

"Isn't Miles coming over?"

"Good point."

"And please bring Phoenix too. It may be awkward but I wanna talk to my little bird."

I heard a car pull up and I excused myself.

I ran to the door and opened it, revealing Miles.

"Uhm...Miles...what's up?" I asked.