nineteen

"You called me over here to just...channel someone?" I asked.

"Yes. No one else could and I know you have the most power of most Feys." Miriam Fey spoke, grabbing something out of a wooden box.

Miriam Fey was new here, but she was already worshipped. She's really suspicious and not good at hiding, so I have my eye on her.

She grabbed a knife out of the box.

"This is a Satsujin. It requires much training to use this, but I think you'll be fine." She handed it to me.

"Whats it...for?" I looked down at the glossy, shiny knife with cravings on handle.

"You'll....see...now please, do your channeling for dear Dollie." Miriam smiled, then walked out of the chamber.

I was all alone. Due to channel someone I didn't even know.

Her name was apparently Dahlia Hawthorne.

This MAY contain spoilers for Dahlias backstory.

Now, most Feys could only channel people they had ties with.

If I could channel her...that means I had to have known her.

Even if it was a small tie.

I dropped the knife, crossed my fingers and put them together, focusing on the channeling.

This channeling was weird, because I usually lose consciousness. But I didn't.

Matter of fact, it wasn't even like tje spirit was trying to take control of me.

I felt the aura. The spirits aura, to be specific.

I opened my eyes and inhaled.

I wasn't the spirit. But there was a spirit infront of me.

"About time you see me." She flicked her hair back with a smile.

She seemed so humane. I felt bad that she died almost immediately.

But there was something about her aura...it screamed "danger!"

"Are you....Dahlia?" I asked, tilting my head.

"Darling, we don't have time for talk." She smiled, bending down to pick something up.

The Satsujin....was that meant for her? Wait, no! When channeling, you aren't allowed to carry weapons ever since that incident with Maya. I'm so stupid! Why would I even take the knife?!

I'm not a true Fey. I disobeyed the law.

"Please put that down." I put a foot back.

"Oh, the Satsujin? Oh, sweetheart, I'm afraid I can't. It's so beautiful. But won't you agree? It will look nice in to skull." She smiled.

Was that a threat?!

I stepped back.

"Put the Satsujin down!" I demanded.

She raised the knife. "Sweet dreams."

No! I can't die! Not so easily..

I rushed to the side, hitting my arm on the wall.

"Damn you!" She growled.

She threw the knife at the wall, letting it hit the fabric of my clothes. So close to my shoulder.

"Perfect. I have you where I want you!" She smirked.

I apologized for my future sin, and escaped, letting the fabric rip and expose my shoulder skin.