thirty three

As the weeks went on, days got worse.

I couldn't stop vomiting, I couldn't stop sleeping, and worse...I missed shark week.

I told Phoenix and he told me these exact words-

"Go to the store. Buy a test. Take the test. And be prepared."

I couldn't believe him, so I told Mia, a fellow girl.

Now here I am.

"I don't know what's happening...maybe I'm just....on an irregular schedule?" I said, stressed.

"It's quite weird for a normal girl. Uhm, this is a personal question but....did you and Miles....y'know....try it?" Mia leaned back in her chair.

I sighed.

It's better to tell her.

"Yeah..." I sighed again.

"Well, Aya, maybe you got a little Edgeworth-Fey in your tummy. You should check that out.."

Same thing Phoenix said. I'm not pregnant, I know it!

"Thanks, I will." I stood up, leaving her office.

Not. I will not! This is silly nonsense!

Ugh...maybe I should get Milesy's words?

I headed towards his office and opened the door.

Ever since that night at the concert, he would let me walk straight in, even if he was truly busy or even in a meeting.

He began to not trust himself.

"Hey, Milesy." I sat on his couch after closing the doors.

"Hello, darling. Is anything wrong? You look tired." He said, lifting his eyes from his papers.

Or so you noticed.

"Miles...I'm worried. I haven't been feeling better, and I missed Mama Shark this week. Everyone's telling me to take a pregnancy test. Should I listen to them?" I ranted like he was my therapist.

"Well, it could never hurt to try. It's better to find the news sooner than later. It could relieve you." He intertwined his hands.

Somehow, hearing it from Miles makes me happy.

I sighed deeply, and the doors opened.

"Edgeworth? Oh, I'm sorry, were you engaging in a conversation?" A man that looked exactly like Klavier, yet way more formal, said.

His suit was formal, at least. It was purple with a violet ribbon. He was tan, but not as tan as Klavier. He had the same hair as Klavier, though.

His pants were just a tad bit darker shade of his purple suit, and he had white shoes that hardly matched but I won't judge.

Oh, and may I add, he looked handsome in glasses. Which he wore.

"Ah..I can't say I wasn't. What is it you need?" Edgeworth said, crossing his arms, but not in an angry or annoyed manner. Maybe an intrigued manner?

As they talked, I found myself staring at the man, trying to figure out where I knew him from.

I've seen you before, I know it!

He took his leave, but gave me one last look. Not a glare, not a confused stare, but a look. A look that said so much. A look that explained a whole backstory. Just a look.

I stared at the door as if he was still there, still trying to piece together where he was from.

"Anyway, Aya. You should listen to them. Take the test. For me?" Miles said, making me snap my head to his direction.