thirteen

Meet me in the High Prosecutors Office, Aya.
~Miles

That was the only note on the fridge that day.

I sighed, knowing that's something he'd do. Leave so early in the morning.

I heard the click of heels and knew exactly who was arriving.

"Jesus, when do I not find you zoned out?" Franziska said, walking next to me.

"I don't zone out that often. It's mostly when I'm very deep in thought." I replied, walking over to the couch.

"Why does Miles always leave me alone in a house that I'm mostly scared of?" I sighed.

"You can't be scared of me." She sat next to me.

"Oh yeah, because nobody is scared of a girl that carries around a whip." I rolled my eyes.

She chuckled. "Okay. But I like it when they're scared of me. The fear in their eyes gets my blood pumping."

No way I'm not scared of you, Franziska.

"Oh! You know what I thought of? We need cute nicknames for each other! I mean, we're practically sisters." Franziska said.

I nodded. "I'll call you Franbow. After my favorite horror game."

Because you're horrifying. Haha...I'm creative..

"Pft. Funny. How about you call me...ooh! Franzie!"

"What about Frisky Friska? Ohh! Lady Von Whippingberg!" I laughed.

I heard a smack and yelped.

"Are you sick? I can deliver your medicine." She smacked her whip.

"Okay okay okay! Franzie it is! Franzie it is! Please don't hurt me!"

Note to self; don't hang around with people that you know carries a whip and is an ultimate sass queen.

She chuckled. "Ahhh, the sweet words of begging." She put away her whip.

Y'know what, I do need something delivered! You to a mental hospital..

"I better head off. Miles is probably waiting." I got up.

"Aren't you staying for breakfast?" She asked.

"I'll stop by a restaurant and pick up something there." I walked out the door and saw Mr. Von Karma.

Great. Just my luck today!

He actually seemed kinda sad with his little cigarette and hunched back.

"Where are you headed, Ms. Fey?" He asked.

"High Prosecutors Office. Edgeworth wants me there. Is there anything wrong, sir? You seem....blue." I asked.

"Everything is fine. Thanks for your worry." He gloomily said.

Something's wrong but I don't know what he carries so....I'll head off.

"Alright then.. just tell me if you need anything. I'm practically your daughter now." I chuckled and walked off.

+1 points with the enemy. Stepping closer to friendship.....I think.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

"Miles? Sorry it took so long...Franziska threatened me and Von Karma was sad." I stepped into his office, seeing him staring out the window.

"Hey. Your office is decorated just like your study room. Weird." I said.

He put down his teacup and walked over to the couch, motioning for me to sit down, which I did.