nine

I was alone in the Wright and Co. Law Offices because someone (ahem, Phoenix, ahem) needed me to lock up.

I may or may have not gotten carried away and started looking at the files.

I was just starting to read the DL-6 incident case file when the doorknob started to twist and turn.

Huh. Weird. Thought I locked that.

"Is anyone there?" I peeked my head at the door.

It started to jiggle and then popped open, revealing a man in a black suit.

"You know what I need, Fey. Give it now." He demanded in a deep voice.

I stood up from the chair I was sitting in and stepped back. "W-what do you need?"

"Don't play dumb. There's only one space here, and if you think shes getting in the way, you're wrong." He pulled out a gun.

At the point, I was terrified. I backed up into a wall.

Good thing he's not infront of me.

"Matter of fact...a smart idea would be to kill you first and then her." He loaded the gun.

"P-please...d-dont..." I teared up.

He pointed it at me and

BANG!

It missed and hit the glass of the bookshelves, causing the man to curse.

I ran forward and smacked the gun out of his hand, triggered the help button, and started to fight him.

Not a smart idea, taking he had a knife.

He sliced my neck lightly and grunted, pushing me off him.

I hurried out of the room, into the hallway, looking for anyone. Anyone that can help.

"Ohhohoho, you're not escaping that easily." The voice appeared from behind me.

I turned around and backed up.

"This is your last chance. Give me the girl." He continued to walk infront of me.

"I-i don't e-even k-k-know who yo-you wa-want.." I sobbed.

"You know exactly who I want. Quit the act."

I turned around and ran, ran down the hallway, ran past rooms, ran ran ran ran ran and ran.

Then I bumped into something. I'm totally doomed.

The thing I bumped into was a person. They hugged me and held me tight.

I looked up at them, but all I could see was a shivering gun.

Then their thumb moved back ever so slowly and...

Bang.

The black suited man fell to the ground, groaning and grunting, so he was still alive.

The gun dropped from my savior's hands and he gasped.

From that gasp, I knew who it was.

"I-it was self d-defense, right?" He stammered.

That 'he' was Miles.

"My life was in risk. It was self defense. Right..?"

Great now I'm questioning things too.

"I-i...c-cant believe I just k-killed someone.." he backed up, pulling me along with him.

"I'm gonna be a suspect for...m-m-m-murder...again..." He spoke.