twenty eight

"Ms. Aya? Are you awake?" Apollo looked at me from the couch.

"Mhm." I sorted the papers.

"Okay. Just checking." Apollo smiled.

Just a few minutes later, he asked the same question.

"Yes I am, Apollo. Why worry?" I looked at him.

"Well, I need to know when I have to take over the offices!" He clenched his fist determinedly.

"Apollo, it's fine. I get well enough sleep. Can you just water Charley and make sure there's no dust on the books?" I looked back down at the papers.

"Of course, Ms. Aya! Anything to help the office!" He stood up, grabbing his same water bottle.

"Hello, Charley! Ready to splash in a tiny puddle?" He talked to the plant, making me chuckle.

"Here you go! Aaaaa-woop!" He trickled the water on the plant carefully.

"You're just like Mia. Talking to the plant." I spun the chair to face him.

"Hey! Plants need company too, Ms. Aya!" Apollo said a bit loudly.

I chuckled. "I know that."

Ever since I really began working at the offices, I've grown more...formal.

It's been a week since I met Apollo, and we've grown quite a bond quite quickly.

I think of him as my....son, you could say.

Also, Miles has changed me. He made me wear glasses.

Speaking of the handsome devil.

"Aya darling. Apollo." Miles said, walking in.

"Mr. Edgeworth, sir!" Apollo stood up, saluting the man like an officer.

"Is he scared of me or just too hyper?" Miles leaned in for a quick kiss.

I granted his wish. "He's always like this. I've grown used to it."

Apollo walked over to the door that led to the kitchen.

"I'll be back, Ms. Aya!" He said, and disappeared into the room.

I nodded with a chuckle, and looked up at Miles.

"Those glasses make you look stunning." He said, taking them off of me and kissing the bridge of my nose.

"They help me see, anyway." I smiled. "But you look marvelous in yours." I poked his chest.

He chuckled and kissed me, holding my hands.

Feeling the ring he presented to me just a week ago, he smiled.

"It looks beautiful on you." He held my hands up.

Kissing my knuckles, I heard some sort of voice that I could remember no matter where I went.

"♪i can tell that your drinking eye has never opened♪" a voice sang.

"Oh my god...is that-" I began.

"♪i insist somebody will die and I hate moping♪" They continued.

"Is that Sir Apollo singing?" Miles asked.

"♪wishing that the pills let you cry and i hate hoping♪" he sounded like he was sobbing when he said that.

"Is he okay..?" I asked, worried.

"♪someday I will go back in time and see her ookaaaayy♪" he went back to his normal voice.

"That is a....song with deep meaning he's singing there. I hope he knows what he means." Miles turned to the door.