thirty four

Im so sorry it took so long to get this chapter out! I needed some mental health time and I just didn't have the motivation to write. But now, I'm better and I'll write more for you peachies!

"You're having a baby?!"

That was everyone's reaction when I told them I was pregnant.

It was quite funny seeing their shocked faces.

"When did you find out?!" Maya leaned forward from the other side of the table.

"Just yesterday." I smiled.

"I'm scared to see what the child is gonna turn out to be. I mean, it's Edgeworths baby, too." Phoenix said, taking a bite of his onigiri.

"I'm mad that you got onigiri and didn't save any for me!!" Maya puffed her cheeks.

"Sorry?" Phoenix shrugged, taking another bite.

"Enough about this onigiri. Fräulien Aya is pregnant!" Klavier clapped.

"I'm so excited! I can't wait to find out the gender! It's probably gonna be a girl since we have way more female Feys than male Feys." Maya put her finger to her lips, thinking.

"Well...probably. It depends how many males are in Edgeworths family. If there's a lot, it might affect the chance of it being a girl." I shrugged.

"Whatever it is, I'm happy it's coming into this world." Miles held my hand, making me smile.

"Really? I thought you'd be the type of man that hates children." Phoenix commented.

"I do. But with Aya around, I think I can trust myself." He smiled slightly.

"Well, I'm glad you feel that way. Y'know that when you have days off and I don't, you're gonna have to watch the baby, right?" I asked.

Miles' eyes widened. "O-of course I k-knew that!"

I chuckled. "I'm your wife now. I can see right through you."

"Damn." He mumbled.

I'm glad you're learning the most recent words, but be careful around the baby.

"Ms. Aya! I can babysit if you need me to!" Apollo volunteered.

"Hey! I wouldn't mind watching my niece! Or nephew." Maya giggled.

"Okay, okay. We'll talk about that when the time comes." I chuckled.

"Aya, may I talk to you outside?" Miles turned to me.

"Oh, boy. This will be good." I rubbed my hands together, following him out the door.

"Aya, there's something I must tell you-"

He got cut off by the same man from yesterday, interrupting us.

I looked down at my fidgeting fingers as they talked about a case.

I wonder who that guy is and why he gave me that look the other day..

And what does he have to say to Miles? And did he just give Miles case files?! Not even he asks me to fetch him files...so why him?

He looks like Klavier..maybe they're related. I'll have to ask.

Soon after, the man left, glancing at me just once.

There we go with the look.

"Ahem, Aya. As I was saying...there's something I must tell you. About Maya." Miles turned to me.