twenty three

2k reads?! I love you all!!

"The trial is tomorrow." I said.

Miles was interrogating me again, still asking for information.

"The trial is tomorrow, and I promise you that you'll do great." He said with a slight smile.

I sighed.

"But Aya, if you want it to look good, you have to coact with me. I understand your pain. Everything hurts right now. For all of us." He laid his arms on the table.

"Have you visited him? How does he look?" I asked.

"I haven't visited him myself, but Maya says he looks normal. He just can't wake up."

"How long is he gonna be like this?" I sniffled.

He sighed. "I....refuse to answer that..but I'm sure he'll wake up soon."

I'm not a child. I know what you mean by refusing to answer.

"I'm gonna end up like my sister eventually. Always ending up in jail." I said after minutes of silence.

He chuckled slightly.

"No, Aya. You're a good girl. They just have the wrong impression on you."

I sighed. "What's your question?"

He smiled. "Perfect."

"Aya, tell me...did you see anyone enter or leave Phoenix's apartment?" Miles asked, suddenly very serious.

"No. When I went in, no one but Phoenix was there." I said.

"Did you see any car leaving the driveway or a mysterious car?" He leaned back.

"I can't recall that...I don't really think I did." I thought harshly.

"Did you see anything out of the ordinary? Even the way Phoenix acted?"

"No...everything was the same." I sighed.

I'm of no help.

He bit his lip, deep in thought.

"Aya....this...is gonna be a really tough case. But yknow what? I'll take the role as the defense. You don't have a defense attorney, right?"

I shook my head. "No one has even offered."

He smiled. "I'll defend you. Wouldn't be my first time, anyway. And Maya can be my cocounsel."

I nodded slightly. "That'd be...nice."

"Your times up. Please rise so I can bring you back to your cell." A police officer bowed.

"Goodbye, Milesy. I'll see you soon." I said with a small smile.

He nodded. "I'll see you soon."

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

The trial has now started.

The judge called for order, and requested the defense and prosecution to be ready.

They then called Gumshoe to the stand.

Good luck, Dick.

He gave his testimony, and I saw Miles smirk.

"Do you think she's innocent?" I heard Maya whisper as the judge called for cross-examination.

Miles nodded. "Of course. She wouldn't commit such a crime. She loved Phoenix in such a platonic matter."

"I've been wondering something, Edgeworth. When we get a break or court is adjourned, can you meet me in the witness room?" Maya looked up at him.