twenty

Phoenix was absolutely depressed.

I slept over his apartment for fun, but he was destroyed.

I didn't wanna be a stalker, but I needed to know what's up.

So I stood by his door, hoping he wouldn't see me.

"Bullshit liar.." he grumbled.

He was ripping something. Probably a paper.

"You didn't love me. You wanted me to fucking die."

Is he talking about me...?

Pheenie...I never wanted you dead.

He picked up a paper and burned it.

When he was done with his little sobbing fit, I walked inside to find him laid down on the bed.

"Phoenix? You okay?" I sat next to him.

He inhaled deeply. "I don't know."

"Do you wanna tell me what's wrong?" I asked softly.

He laid silent.

He was thinking.

"Who wanted you dead, Pheenie?"

He flinched and put his hands over his face.

"You heard me, didn't you? Gosh...why can't I just be a little quieter!" He said.

"It's okay. Just tell me what's wrong." I sympathetically held his hand, laying down as well.

"Aya..." He began, and I knew he was gonna get deep into rambling soon.

"That day I broke up with you..it wasn't because I couldn't take it...or I was busy...or I was sad...it was because...I was afraid of getting hurt again." He tightened the grip around my hand.

"Hurt again?" I asked.

"Dahlia...she was my....quote and quote, ex girlfriend...she didn't love me. She told me that. Straight to my face. But I really loved her. I would call her my Dollie. And all she said was a lie. I was just a victim...a cover-up in her scheme...I was used and manipulated...I was just sick of the disease called love." He said, staring at the ceiling.

"Pheenie..." I said, speechless.

"She used to call me that. All the time. But when you say it, its different. It's like....love re-entered." He chuckled.

It was silent for a bit.

"Aya...be honest...if you weren't with Miles, would you be with me? If I gave myself another shot at love?"

I thought for a bit.

"Most likely. But it depends how I'd feel about you if I wasn't with Miles." I looked at him.

I then realized; we were still holding hands.

Once he noticed, he instantly pulled away and blushed.

"I-im sorry!" He stammered.

I chuckled. "Its okay, Pheen. Speaking of Miles, I heard he's finally got his own place."

"That's interesting. He better have enough room for my rent. I'm really down on money." He frowned.

I laughed. "You'll get better. Maybe you should be a pianist."

"Nah. Those guys get a dollar a day. Not even close to how much I have to pay. Plus, I have no interest in piano." He shrugged.

"Be an anesthesiologist. They get the most pay."