twenty six

"Miles! Come on!" I groaned.

"Aya, I have work. I'm not in the mood to go to some concert that is gonna cause hearing issues." Miles grumbled.

"What's your issue?! You never have time for anyone!" I said angrily.

"Aya. Please." Miles looked up at me from his desk.

"You can't even visit Phoenix! Plus, I doubt you're taking a case right now! You would've already had all your trials!" I shouted.

Miles sighed.

I huffed. "Just spare some time for me?"

"I'm not going to some concert for some prosecutor whom I don't know."

"Fine then! I'll have fun without you! Plus, Justin, Phoenix and Maya are gonna be there." I growled, turning around.

"Is this jealousy?" Miles said.

I turned around, seeing Miles looking at his desk.

"I feel you're better off with Justin. That's why I've been avoiding you. So you can be happier. That's not the resolution, is it?" He looked up at me.

"Wh....what...?"

"Very well. I'll go to this moronic concert of yours." Miles stood up.

Nononono! You're not gonna tell me you're jealous and then just brush it off!

He held my hand, giving it a soft kiss.

"I'm sorry, Aya. Let's go."

....or you will.

But you're not getting away with this! We're talking about this!

.....eventually.

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

"Ayay!" Justin yelled at me. "Hey!"

"Justy! I brought a few people!" I smiled.

"Ah, let me guess. The perfect prosecutor Miles Edgeworth, the astounding Maya Fey, and the tip-top Phoenix Wright." Justin smirked.

"Wow. How'd you know?" I chuckled.

Maya was blushing. "Aya....I'm....astounding?"

"You are, Maya. You are." I smiled.

"Yay!" She hopped.

"Well, if we may, let's get inside. It's actually....really cold here." Justin shivered.

Maya giggled and stole Justin for the night.

Maya. Watch what happens if Larry finds out.

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

"Aya. My ears hurt." Miles turned to me.

"Huh? Oh. Sorry. I can't hear you. Geez, that guitar is loud!" I covered my ears.

"My ears are ringing. Can we go outside?" Miles looked worried.

I nodded, and led him outside for a bit.

It wasn't as loud, but it wasn't quiet outside either.

"What's wrong?" I held Miles's arm.

"I don't want perforated eardrums." Miles said, worried.

"Yeah. It is quite loud in there." I chuckled. "You'll be okay, though."

He looked at the doors, then back at me.

He closed his eyes and unexpectedly, softly kissed me.

When I returned the kiss, he held my hands and led me into a quiet, dark place.

"It's better here, isn't it?" He asked once we parted.

I nodded. "Quiet and calm."

"Miles, why did you get so jealous that...you ignored me?" I looked at him.

He sighed and closed his eyes. "I've never felt jealousy. I didn't know how to contain it, how to show it, or how to tell you that I felt it. It was a mix of stress, anxiety and, of course, jealousy. I was only beating myself up more when I ignored you. I decided to distract myself with work, but...despite its name, it didn't work. Then you came, obviously angry and upset at me, so I couldn't take it anymore."

That didn't really answer my question but okay.

"Miles...you know I'd never leave you for anyone else, right?" I asked, holding his arm lightly.

Miles nodded. "I shouldn't have been so blind.."

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" I asked.

He thought for a second. "Meet me at my office at...say...11:30?"

I nodded. "I'll be there."

"Perfect." He smiled, kissing my head.

"I'm gonna go in and find Phoenix. He's probably really lonely." I let go of his hands.

He nodded. "I'll be here if you need me."

I waved him a goodbye with a sweet smile and walked back inside to the screaming guitar.

I wonder how that guys eardrums are. I mean, he's on the stage. He's probably deaf.

I knew exactly where Phoenix would be, and I was right.

Scrunched up, scared, in a corner. He's not one for large crowds.

"Hey, Phoenix." I stood next to him.

"Hey, Aya. When is this over? I wanna go home. And where's Maya? She completely left me." He asked, sliding up against the wall.

"We can leave anytime you want. And Maya is probably somewhere with Justin. I hope they get along, but....not too much." I chuckled.

Larry's a nice guy, Maya.

"But didn't you wanna stay with Justin? Didn't he wanna meet like....whoever...those people are." Phoenix pointed to the stage members.

"Yeah, but it's fine. Miles is complaining too, anyway, so." I shrugged.

"I'll just call a taxi. You could stay here if you want."  He said to me.

"But you can't go alone. Not after what happened that night. I won't allow you to be by yourself! Someone could hurt you again!" I looked at Phoenix, my fists clenched determinedly.

"It's fine, Aya. I'll be fine." He held my shoulders.

"But...if...you..." I sniffled, staring into his eyes.

Now, if this were some cheesy old teenager show, the characters would make out.

But I had a boyfriend,  so that was a biiiiig no-no.

Geez, I gotta stop having guy friends.

I patted his hands and smiled. "I trust you, Phoenix."

He nodded and walked off with a gentle goodbye.

I sighed and waited for the night to end.

That's it! Question, though. Should I start adding smut to this book? I know some of you loves are dirty minded 👀