ten

Dear darling,
       I've written to you to notify you about my return. It's been decided I shall return at 6:35 tomorrow morning. I fervently believe that Franziska is taking good care of you. She's written to me to notify me about what has been going on. Such as your words of my coat being ''80 sizes too big''. I hope it is still keeping you warm. I truly apologize for not being there with you. I wish, at this very moment, I could be there, holding you and kissing your forehead. I miss you deeply and I can't wait to return home.
      Adieu,
           Your dearest Miles

That was the letter that laid on the coffee table.

I've been reading it over and over, anxiously waiting for him to come back.

Franziska and I decided to have a surprise welcome back party.

Well, not really a party. Parties aren't really his thing.

"Do you think he's coming soon?" I asked Franziska, who crouched behind a desk.

"He should be almost here. It's 6:52." She said, checking her watch.

"What's taking him so long?" I mumbled.

I joined Franziska and crouched next to her.

"He's never late for anything." I said.

Just then, I heard a car door close and Franziska took a peek out the window.

"That's him." She said, going back to her spot.

"Do you think he'll like this?" I asked.

"As long as it's not a big deal." She shrugged.

Keys jiggled and the door carefully opened.

Miles let out a sigh and ran his hand through his hair.

The way his fingers glided through his glossy silver hair was majestically beautiful.

The way his eyes closed softly was lovely.

Franziska snapped me out of my 'Miles craze' moment by elbowing me.

She nodded her head and put up 3 fingers.

Then 2.

Then 1.

Me and Franziska carefully jumped up and smiled.

I screamed "welcome back, love!" while Franziska screamed "greetings, brother!" while laying her elbow on the desk as her chin was rested on her palm.

"I knew there was a weird presence." He chuckled, putting down his suitcase and walking over to us.

"That's something a ghost finder would say." I said, as he kissed my head and hugged Franziska.

"How was your trip, brother?" Franziska asked, looking at her nails.

"It was alright. I truly missed you both." He said, sitting in his chair.

Weird. You and Franziska fight a lot. And after what she said about your father I was sure you wouldn't forgive her.

I sat in his lap and hugged him. "I missed you so much."

He kissed my head, then rubbed his kiss.

"Say, can you happen to wear my coat? For good times sake." He asked with a smirk.

I sighed. "Fine. But only because you just came back. And that I love you."

Franziska giggled.

Franziska carefully grabbed his coat and handed it to me. "Go on. Put it on, small size."

I grabbed it and hopped off of Edgeworths lap, putting on the coat.

"Embarrassing." I mumbled as they both laughed.

"Awww, but yet, she still looks good in it." Franziska said.

I smiled proudly.

"Well, indeed. She looks good in anything." He grabbed my arm softly and put me on his lap.

"At least it keeps her warm." He snuggled me.

"Maybe I should get you two matching coats." Franziska said, waving her finger.

I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around Miles.

He stroked my hair and leaned back.

Franziska kissed his cheek goodnight and walked out of the room.

It was at that moment we both fell asleep together. Again.

The best moment of my life.