eight

"Pardon me, coming through." I said, pushing through a crowd.

Then I bumped into a man with hot coffee in his hand.

"Oh my god! I'm so so so so sorry! That must burn so badly...oh my god." I frantically and anxiously spoke.

"Hey hey hey, it's alright! I'm used to it." He chuckled.

Before I could continue to ramble, he spoke his name.

"I'm Justin Tiyme. You?"

He seemed sweet, so I shrugged off the problem. "Aya. Aya Fey."

"Hey, those files aren't damaged, right? No stains? They seem pretty important." He pointed at the files tucked under my arm.

"Yeah, they seem fine. I have to give them to Prosecutor Edgeworth." I smiled proudly.

"Woahwoahwoah, the Prosecutor Edgeworth? You're not pulling my leg, are you?"

"No?? I'm taking secret switches between prosecutor and defense to see which I like better. Plus he's my-- I mean- I know him very very well."

"What am I keeping you here for?! Go! Go go go!"

I chuckled and waved him goodbye.

I walked up the stairs and into Edgeworths office, pushing the door open with my back.

"I'm sorry I took so long. I bumped into someone and they had coffee all over." I sighed.

I turned to see Edgeworth staring out the window with a cup of tea in his hand.

When the doors closed, I put the case files on the table and walked up to him with a sigh.

I hugged him and rubbed his arm.

"I know it must be tough. Feeling welcome in a place you have to leave." I said softly.

He stayed silent.

I sighed and turned on music.

Tomorrow's Song by Ólafur Arnalds. One of his favorites.

"Miles?" I turned my head to look at him.

"Play Moonlight Sonata." He said.

I played his wish and sat down on the couch.

"Miles. Talk to me." I crossed my arms.

"Y'know, here's a song I think you'll enjoy." I stood up and changed the song to Neon Gravestones by Twenty One Pilots, my favorite.

"There's many debates about what the songs about. Our community, the suicides, and or being heard." I grabbed a teacup.

"What do you think?" I took a sip.

He inhaled. "The lyrics seem...like a cry for an opine."

"A cry for a...what?" I tilted my head.

"Opine. A cry for the ability to state ones opinion. That's what I think. As he said, ‘can we give this some room for a new point of view’? Thats my evidence."

I nodded. "I see."

He put the teacup on his desk and sat next to me, kissing my head.

"I'm sorry for not responding." He whispered. "I'm stressed...Von Karma isn't giving me much detail on what to go, where to go or what is happening."

Then someone bursted through the door.

Someone I'd believe to be Detective Gumshoe. He's the talk.

"Sir! Edgeworth sir! We need you immediately!" He panted.

He sighed. "It seems there's no solus time for us."

He got up and walked with Gumshoe, where they talked about the case.

I sighed. "Detective?" I tilted my body to face him.

"Whazzup, pal?" He replied.

"Is there...uhm...any way I can...help out?" I fiddled with my fingers.

He scratched his chin. "Now, come to think of it--"

"You stay here and make sure the study room is safe, okay?" Miles smiled.

"But...I wanna help." I frowned.

He walked over to me and put his hands on my cheeks.

"Listen, sweets, its best for you to stay here." He kissed my head and joined Gumshoe again, where they both left without a goodbye.

Wow, Edgey. Wow.