Chapter 6

(If you are not new, you know that every genre of music is my books at some point. I like this song because it tells a story.)

My sister was definitely creeping Emery out, which was a feat to me. Emery, the kid who was brave enough to throw salt on "demons" and talk to ghosts, was creeped out by my sister. She was a whole heck taller than him, Mike being a bit shorter than her, and she was just hounding him with questions and getting all in his face.

"So, you're my brother's new friend, huh?" she asked, looking at him up and down, "How much is he paying you to go along with this?"

"He-He isn't," Emery said frantically, shaking his head back and forth. My sister narrowed her eyes at him. "Really! I came here out of my own free will. I even called him and asked him if I can stay over!"

"Really? Then how did you meet?" She inquired, pointing her sucker at Emery accusingly. Of course she wouldn't believe him. Why would she? I've been a recluse for three years, and all of a sudden I have a friend? Trust me, I'm surprised too, Sis. But jeez, have a little faith in me.

"Um...Well," Emery said, twiddling his thumbs. I decided to save him.

"He's the kid that threw salt at me because he thought I was a demon, " I explained, making Emery blush a little more. This kid likes to blush. My sister saw the blush and her mouth formed an 'O' shape in remembrance of her conversation with me the other day.

"You mean that cute boy from your Anatomy class that you mentioned?" she asked innocently, but to me, it was a challenge. She wanted me to deny it! She wanted me to get flustered! She wanted me to get embarrassed! Well, jokes on her! 

"Exactly," I said, trying to play it cool. I concentrated my gaze onto her face, forcing myself to look away from Emery's. I knew Emery was probably blushing, which would break my confident facade. "That very boy is that boy right there. Emery Adams is that boy."

No, that was just a stupid thing to add. Why did I say that? WHY DID I SAY THAT?!

"Uh-huh," assessed my sister, looking at me up at down with both a smile and concern. She looked as if she half-believed me and half-thought I was lying. Yet, at the same time, she knew I was wanting to defend myself and state that I did not call Emery a cute boy, even though I did. And she also looked a little concerned at my nervousness. "Okay then. So, Emery, you seem like an interesting person. You are, indeed, very cute. Are you gay?"

Emery's eyes widened and his blush, impossibly, deepened. His mouth was open a bit, as if appalled by the straightforward bluntness of the question she had just asked.

"Um...uh...yeah," he mumbled, then said "Yes. Yes, I am." My sister gasped in happiness, as if her fanfiction OTP finally kissed, and raised her hand up to her mouth.

"I SHIP IT SO MUCH!" she whisper-yelled into her hands. Mike, who was sitting silently on the couch behind her, rubbed her shoulder soothingly as to warn her that she needs to calm down.

My sister doesn't calm down.

"Mike, don't you ship it?! It's so PRECIOUS!" she squealed.

"Spaghetti-O, I don't think they are a thing yet," Mike said with a forced smile. He's always this uncomfortable around me and other gays, not because he is a homophobe, but because he used to be one. Until he met my sister. He realized that he loved my sister more than he hated gays and that, if she supported us, so did he. It's a really cute story, in my opinion, but Olivia (or, as Mike nicknames her "Spaghetti-O") thinks it as a teachable lesson to all "gay-haters." Still, however, being around me made Mike act slightly off-kilter.