A (sort-of) Q&A

Author: So I only got a couple of questions for this book, which is why I never did a Q&A. But found something that inspired me to do the Q&A anyway. More on that later.

Author: Anyway, I might as well get the first few questions over with.

To Aaron: Did you find out straight away that Severus was haunting you or did it take time?

Aaron: It took a couple of weeks until I was mentally capable of handling a ghost in my life. I think he was there, but he didn't let me know that he was there until he thought I could handle it.

To Emery: First impression of Aaron?

Emery: He was hot as hell. Those pretty blue eyes and those muscular arms and his skin- ugh! Gorgeous. 

Aaron: Aww that's sweet of you.

Emery: *blushes*

To Severus: Do you just follow Aaron everywhere (pretending that the ending of this book never happened)?

Severus: Yes.

Where do you go when he's asleep?

Severin: I don't go anywhere. I just stalk him like Edward Cullen. You never know if an enemy is going to attack in the day or night. After all, I was killed after dark-

Author: Please stop. You are giving me anxiety.

Severin: Truth hurts.

Can you sleep?

Author: You could say he sleeps like the dead *winks and wiggles eyebrows*

Severin: In that case, I'm restless. But no. I don't sleep.

AND THAT'S ALL OF THE CHARACTER QUESTIONS! So you are maybe wondering...why did you even make this Q&A?

Because of this question, for me:

How did you think of this story idea?

Now, I've said quite a lot (not in this book specifically, but I also say it out loud irl) that I get my story ideas from dreaming- either daydreaming or night dreaming.

I got this book idea from a terrible but weirdly structured night-dream about my OTP, one of which I woke up sobbing about. Just recently, I found a long description of that dream on my old Quotev account on which I wrote fanfiction about that said OTP. 

The OTP is Solangelo from the Heroes of Olympus series (And also PJO and Also TOA technically) which includes my dark son Nico di Angelo and my sunny boi Will Solace. You can see where I got the inspiration for Aaron Will's last name. Anywho-

This is how I described that dream. Notice the things I left out (due to it being super sad) and the things I left in there (also you can understand what the dream is about despite not knowing the OTP):

(Also keep in mind that I was at least two years younger so I might be a little over the top)

GUYS I HAD THE SADDEST DREAM EVER THAT ONLY PERCY JACKSON FANS CAN FEEL FOR
SPECIFICALLY SOLANGELO SHIPPERS
ILL EXPLAIN IT TO YOU BUT ITS AWFULLY LONG AND AWFULLY AWFUL (Its a great short story tho)

Apparently in my dream, Will was kidnapped by Akhlys (the goddess of misery) 'cause Nico di Angelo's misery was giving her more power and making him more miserable would give Akhlys even MORE power (cause ya know shes the goddess of misery and she feeds off of it). Akhlys believes it would make Nico even more miserable if Nico saw Will die, so instead of just killing Will, she kidnaps him and waits until Nico comes to find him. Nico panics when he finds Will missing and Aphrodite (love goddess) (since she loves Solangelo) tells him where to go to save him. On the way, he runs into two random mortal teens and they come along 'cause they want to find out what Nico's problem is. Nico allows them to come along because 3 is the best number for a quest (According to the books, I was not just making this up). He explains the gods (And that the gods are real) and etc. etc. They make it to this huge cave, which Akhlys is keeping Will at. Akhlys has somehow gained this spear that can electrocute people (Like Clarisse's orginal one (Clarisse is another character from the books)) and she held Nico and the two teens away from her using a moat of poisons (Which is a power she has). Right before Will was stabbed and electrocuted (Nico has tears pouring down his face), Nico had an idea and was all like "TAKE ME INSTEAD!" Akhlys thought she finally broke Nico ("broke" meaning defeated ig), so she shrugged and was like "Alright" with this evil smile on her face. So she switched Will and Nico's spot and she STABBED NICO. And Will is screaming and the two tearful teens are holding him back from attacking her cause they know Wills a sucky fighter. BUT WAIT. Half of Akhlys power was gained from Nico's misery and by stabbing him she PUT HIM OUT OF MISERY. So she was now powerless and that was Nico's plan all along. So, she screams at Nico's dying body and is all like "I WILL MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MISERY YOU DESERVE SOMEDAY!"

So, she leaves Will and the teens with a dying Nico and Nico is all like "I love you, Will. Don't stop being my happy Sunshine. It's okay to love someone else. Don't turn to suicide. I'll always be right there *Points to Wills heart* so keep it beating okay? As long as you are alive, I will be. I'll wait for you. I'll watch over you. Forever."
last words and stuff AND NICO FREAKING DIES!! And his ghost comes out of his body and goes to the underworld.

BUT THATS NOT IT!!! THREE YEARS LATER....

Nico watches over Will as a ghost for three years, completely invisible to any eye. He comes across Will crying on his bed and wonders why Will is crying. But then suddenly Will speaks to Nico, "Nico, I don't know if you are listening right now, but I feel awful. I know you've been waiting for me in the Underworld but..... I think...

I've fallen in love with someone else.

I still love you, but I know I have to let you go and I feel like I love this person just as much. Please, if you're listening, give me some sign that you're okay with this..."
(The dialogue is in more detail in the dream, but this would be too long if I tried to be specific with it)

So for the first time in years, Nico reveals his invisible self and Will gasps at the sight of his dead boyfriend in front of him. Nico cups Wills face with his ghost hand and says, "I still love you as much as I did three years ago, but I am dead. I can't be with you anymore Will. You don't need my permission because I have already given you it. Go and-" Nico chokes on the hurt, "Go and kiss him and tell him you love him for me, okay?"

Will has tears like he did when he told Hazel (Nico's sister) that Nico was dead and when Nico's funeral was being held. "Okay," he says.

SO the next day, Will goes and tells the guy (Brian, for some reason) that he's in love with him and the feelings are shared and Nico makes sure that he visits Brian as a ghost and threatens him "If you hurt Will, I will drag you down to the dead with me. Got that?" etc.
Nico feels hurt that Will has moved on, but he knows that he is dead and that he loves Will, so he has to let him go.

BUT THEN.

APHORDITE THINKS IT WOULD BE A GOOD "STORY" IF NICO CAME BACK TO LIFE. AND SO THEN WILL HAS TO CHOOSE BETWEEN HIS EX-DEAD EX OR HIS NEW BOYFRIEND, WHOM HE BOTH LOVES. AND GUESS WHAT?! WILL CHOOSES DUH, THE ONE HE LOVES AT THE CURRENT MOMENT (Brian) NOT THE ONE HE HAS MOVED ON FROM. THEREFORE, NICO IS CONSIDERING SUICIDE CAUSE WILL WAS ALL THAT HE LIVED FOR AND IF HE DIDNT HAVE WILL, HE DIDNT WANT TO LIVE. AND NICO IS CRYING ON THE STREET BECAUSE WILL DOESNT LOVE HIM AND AHKLYS COMES OUT OF THE GROUND FROM TARTARUS AND IS ALL LIKE "I told you I would give you the misery you deserve."

AND THAT WAS THE END OF THE FLIPPIN DREAM
I WAS SOBBING

~End of Dream description~

SO YEAH it got sad many times in that dream. And don't be freaking out at me bringing Severus back to life because that's not technically possible, whereas in Nico's world (where gods and magic exist) it is possible.

I'm not bringing him back to life, sorry :)

Anyways, I was surprised myself at how similar this description sounded to the real deal. I promise I did not mean to copy any dialogue or anything from this dream. But like, here we are.

Let me know what you think and if you have any more questions now that the book has ended, I can try to do another (longer) Q&A!!

Just put your questions right here->

Also, I had a chapter planned for when this book hit 1k but my fam kept distracting me and now I have no idea how that chapter was supposed to end, so you might have to wait longer for that :)

Anyway, thanks for reading!! xoxo