Chapter 2: Transition Period

Walking out of the lunchroom to avoid stares was easy, it was the lingering stares in the hallway that were getting to me. They must have heard the commotion in the lunchroom and are now looking at me in awe. I don't need these stares. I shot Tracy a text

Me: Well, people know who I am now...

Tracy: Wdym??

Me: Baseball

Tracy would understand this, she knows how popular I was back home, it annoyed me to no end. I just wanted to go to school, go home, and relax. But I don't get that, not now, not ever.

Tracy: Trent, I'm so sorry, I thought you would be in the clear. I didn't say anything, but who found out?

Me: One of Christian's friends, who I met today, and all it took was a couple of questions to figure it out. I'll see you at the end of the day. Love ya, sis.

Tracy: Love you too big bro.

I slid my phone back into my pocket and continued walking down the hallway and I found a window sill I could sit on to gaze out the window, it overlooked the courtyard. I sighed and put my head in my hands and contemplated just not showing up to school. I hate the attention, I don't like being the popular one, it doesn't suit me, I wanted to slip by unnoticed.

"You good up there?" A feminine voice rang out

I pulled my head back to see the girl who stared at me in the lunchroom before I left, "Did you come here to rub it in?" I asked monotone.

"Nope." Was her response and before I knew it, she was sitting across from me, her leg dangling over the edge.

"I'm not going to ask how you did that, but I am curious. What do you want?" I asked already bored and want to be left alone, I need time to adjust to my new situation.

"Could you look at me please?" She asked, and so I did and that's was it. Her piercing green eyes captured my hazel ones. I felt something warm and something that I didn't feel before.

"What.... Who are you?" I shook my head to break free of her gaze, but a small part of me wanted to look at her some more to absorb her.... What the hell am I saying?

"The name is Paige and Trenton, I find it cute for you to blush." She said with a smirk. As if on cue, my cheeks heated up at the compliment. Then she giggled, "Wow, you blush easy don't ya?"

I took a moment to observe her lightly tanned skin, like a light bronze, and she giggled again, "You know it's rude to stare." I averted my gaze out the window to hold back the blush, but as you can tell, it didn't work.

I mumbled out a sorry and continued to stare out the window, "I just wish sometimes I could fly under the radar, not be noticed, and play baseball. It's the sport I enjoy, not the fame that comes with it."

"A humble one huh?" Paige said, and then I felt her a lot closer. I turned my head and hers was about three inches away. My breathing hitched and then picked up, My heart is beating faster at her proximity, she has crawled pretty much in between my legs, eye level with me. Her hands are right next to my butt, and she's staring at me like how a predator traps its prey.

She tilted her head, "Do I make you... nervous Trent?" She said as she bites her bottom lip, and holy shit, that's a turn on. Why am I like this? I'm never like this.

"N-no, I'm not n-nervous." I stammered out.

She leaned closer to my ear, "I beg to differ Trent. I can see how nervous you are. No one has done this to you before, and it is mmmhmmm oh so good."