Chapter 13: The Surprise

Alright, sorry for not updating like I said I would, but I don't want to pressure myself too much, so I have another story going on another website. I will be alternating updates between this and that. Don't get mad plz.

...

Trenton's POV

Wednesday, October 10th, 2018

After Paige gave me that surprise on my birthday, all I thought about was trying to give Paige the same treatment. She, of all people, deserve it. I am still reeling over the fact she's my girlfriend. My first girlfriend.

You would think that I would have had a dozen or so girlfriends? Maybe have been a player back in New York? Well, you're wrong. I never found the right girl to give my heart to. Until I met the girl next door. It sounds so cliché, but it's true. I have wanted to say the words for so long and I have resisted up until this point and it hurts to not share my feelings with her. Paige brings me so much joy and happiness that it brings out a different side of me. A side that normally doesn't get the spotlight. Even Tracy doesn't get this side of me, that is how solemnly it shows.

Anyway, after Paige's birthday surprise, I decided to think about what to do for her. She isn't your typical girl and I don't think she would like all that girly girl stuff. She doesn't cake on makeup like a clown, she doesn't wear super tight and revealing clothing, at least, none that I've seen. When I say revealing, I mean like jean shorts that are so short that they can be considered janties, that short. Paige is modest and over the past few days, I asked her in casual conversation about what places she wanted to visit.

She told me about three to five locations that she has always wanted to visit. A lot of them were in Europe, unsurprisingly. With permission from her parents and mine. I got us a trip to Paris, where we can explore the sites and I can practice French. A little known fact about me, I like learning new languages. This does not mean I am fluent in any of them. I can hold conversations in Spanish, German, and Italian. French is the next one on the list. I'm going to surprise Paige with the news soon. Her birthday is today, actually. I would have sent a text but I'm going to hell for this. I'm going to 'forget' her birthday is today, then surprise her later.

Tracy knocked on my door, pulling me out of my brainstorm, "Ready for school?"

"Yeah... It's Paige's birthday you know?" I asked for Tracy's knowledge of the subject.

"I do know, what's your plan, Trenton?" Tracy raised an eyebrow at me, "You better not pretend to forget it and then make it up to her. Trust me on this big bro, call this 'advice for women', never ever pretend to forget an important date. It normally never ends well."

"Well, there goes that idea," I mumbled, and Tracy heard it.

"You mean to tell me that you were going to PRETEND to forget her birthday?!" Tracy exclaimed. Oh, she was livid. "That is the stupidest idea you have ever had! Just tell her what you got her for her birthday! Is that so hard?" Tracy scolded me. Never thought I would get scolded by my little sister in such a manner. I mentally clapped at her assertiveness

"I mean if it was something we talked about and then I told you, would you be surprised?" I questioned, turning my head to the side, now meeting Tracy's eyes.

She had her hands on her hips and she was glaring at me, "I suppose not, what did you get her?" I answered by holding up the airline tickets to Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris, France.

Tracy's eyes pretty much exploded out of her skull as she screamed, "WHAT?! You got her a shirp tuh Fuhance?" I reacted quickly as I hopped off my bed and covered her mouth so she didn't shout it to the world.