Chapter 6: Second Day Drama

Note: Super long chapter this time, don't worry I'm working on the next chapter and I apologize if my updating isn't super consistent, but I'll try to update in four days max. If I don't, then I better have a pretty damn good reason. Also, heavy drama and what feels like mood swings. I try to keep it interesting, so let me know what you all think. Music mentioned above, good song btw.

......................................................................................

The sound of my alarm woke me at 6:30 AM, I know I have to give Paige a lift to school, which I'm one-hundred-percent sure it will draw attention to me and her, but mostly me because of the 'baseball star' is bringing the super popular girl to school. These people need to learn how to get a private life.

I got up, and I noticed Tracy was still lying on the opposite side of the bed. So, she did stay. This right here is why I love my little sister, she comforts me when I need it and I her. We have been through enough when the accident happened. Thankfully, no one here has put it together, but that'll change when PE begins.

Making my way down the stairs into the fancy kitchen, I found two bowls, two spoons, and our favorite cereals. I ate while I let Tracy get another half hour of sleep, she'll thank me for it later. Next, I took a shower and my mind flew back to the dream I had. Why was I having it again? It went away for a year and now it's back... was it because I was focused on the scar? Probably, but when it adorns your chest like a beacon, it is hard to ignore, it's why I never go shirtless. People ask questions and I don't want to answer them. Simple.

After my shower, I snuck back into my room in case Tracy was still sleeping. I found the bed empty and I dismissed it, for now, assuming she was in the kitchen, eating breakfast. I sighed, "Trace, if you're trying to scare me, please don't. I'm not in a good mood right now."

On cue, Tracy appeared from my walk-in closet, "Fine, you party pooper." She sighed then turned serious, "How are you feeling?"

I let out a low sigh, again, "I'm better than I was last night. Thanks for that by the way."

"Trenton, you know you would do the same for me." She's right, I would because being the big brother means I have a right to protect my little sister, but sometimes she protects me and I'm grateful. These are the kinds of times that I'm closer to my sister than my parents.

I sometimes forget she's thirteen. Wiser than a fifty-year-old.

"You should get ready, we have to be ready in forty-five," I said.

"But it's too early!!' Tracy whined.

"Be glad I didn't get you up at six-thirty, I let you sleep until now." I reasoned.

She huffed, "Fine."

"I left you a bowl and your favorite cereal on the table," I said as she walked out of my room.

"Thanks, bro!" she shouted. Our parents are early risers, so they obviously won't mind. Now, I have a new challenge today; School, it is going to be so fun!

Thirty minutes later, Tracy was ready and I was too, but I was still mulling over what happened last night. I know it isn't healthy to hold on to past trauma, but why now, of all times, did it come back? It baffles me to no end.

"Whatcha thinking about Trent?" Tracy said, sitting next to me on the couch."

"Nothing." I winced, I replied too quickly. If anything, Tracy reads me like a book.

"Liar. You're thinking about Paige aren't you?" Well, I said she could read me on lying, but not what I'm lying about.

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p'.