Chapter 16: Nerves and Bad News

Trenton's POV
Wednesday, October 24th, 2018

    After having admitted my love for Paige, I can now understand the 'honeymoon' phase of our relationship. While I'm still not big on PDA, Paige is all for it. I'm slowly warming up to the idea. We say 'I love you' once a day, if not more. It means I can shower my girl with affection. The affection that she deserves.

    "Trentonnn," Tracy said in a singsong voice, "Stop daydreaming about her and focus on helping me pick out a costume for Halloween."

    "Why do you care so much about Halloween?" I asked, knowing what her response will be.

    "Why don't you?" Tracy retorted.

    I sighed, "Ever since the accident, I didn't have the time nor the energy to care. I still don't Trace, hence why I don't go for Halloween. It was just after me getting my license and me almost dying," I crossed my arms and leaned on the shelf in this Party City, "If Paige wants to go on Halloween, she can, but I will tell her my reasoning why I won't go. She'll understand it, I hope,"

    Tracy's mood softened, "I... I forgot that it happened close to that. You had to grow up fast after that," she said turning back around looking at whatever costumes she was looking at. If anything, I think it was a princess dress or something.

    I swear, if she gets something slutty, oh ho ho, we are going to exchange some words. I will not have my younger sister dress like a complete slut. The big brother radar says that's a no go.

    My phone vibrated and I pulled it out to see a text from Paige, 'Are you down for a Halloween party this weekend?'

    I texted her back to tell her I would talk to her about Halloween in general. Now, I've probably made her all concerned about Halloween. I told her I would explain it as soon as I saw her. I did, however, see a cool costume I would actually wear in the Men's section. I told Tracy to come with me after she decided on her costume.

There were a few Destiny themed ones, and me being the Destiny player I am, I see a generic Destiny 2 Hunter costume, complete with a Hunter's knife. There was a Titan and Warlock one as well, but I lie with the Hunters. Rest in peace the Hunter Vanguard.

Tracy came from my right, "Thought you weren't getting one?" she questioned.

I shrugged, "I'll get it, only because it's Destiny related, and if I do happened to go out to a party with her, I'd be dressed up for the occasion. It doesn't matter if we match or not. I don't particularly like those couples."

"I can see why. I think you two will be together for a long while. Which is a good thing, she's like an older sister that I never had," Tracy said absent-mindedly.

"Well, glad to know that you would rather have a sister than me," I said in a mock offensive tone.

She swatted my arm before laughing, "You know I love you, right?"

"Course little sis, love you too," I said wrapping Tracy in a side hug.

We exited Party City with a costume for each of us and I exited with a potential conversation that I didn't want to have...

After I drove Tracy home, I decided to talk to Paige. If I wasn't honest about my reservations about anything, how could I have a relationship? Everyone knows that relationships are built on the foundation of trust. Trust that the other half can be your rock when you need it. That this one person could make or break you.

I knocked on their front door to see Mr. Grant, "Hello sir, is Paige here?"

"Trenton, you don't have to ask, she loves your company; but if you deflower her here... then you know where I keep guns," he said, playfully threatening me again. I respect that Mr. Grant loves his daughter immensely, but the threats are getting old. Then again, is it possible that he's going to actually do it? Naw, I see that playful glint in his eye. He knows I mean well.