Chapter 24: It Feels Good

Chapter warning:

Fluff
Admittance of wanting (should have in this case) died/dying. Mentions of car accident, past trauma.

They may be out of character for this, and rightly so. Despite the warning, it all works out in the end.

...

Paige's POV

Friday, November 23rd, 2018

I woke up the next day and noticed that there was an arm deathbed across my waist. My backside was pressed flush up to someone and I could feel the person's breath on my neck, sending pleasant shivers down my spine. I twisted my neck around and looked to see Trenton cuddling with me. I now had to figure out how to leave his grip to call my parents. I reached for my phone and took a look at the time.

My eyes widened as I saw the time was eleven AM. We slept really late, but that was probably because I had someone right next to me. I tried to sneak out of the bed, but his grip was strong. I sighed and after five long minutes, I managed to weasel my way out of bed, and into the shower. Thankfully, I had clothes packed for like eight days here. Not that I would wear them all, but I honestly thought that something would happen and I would have to change. Thankfully, that was not the case.

After showering, Trenton was waking up, rubbing his eyes, and showing off his chest. The scar was what drew my eyes to him, but also to the rest of him. He still had a little flab on his stomach, but not enough to override his muscle. The bedding covered his lower half, but it certainly was going camping.

I had to pull my eyes away before he looked up, "Where'd you go? I was lonely," he pouted, eyes still closed.

"I showered but I almost didn't because you were hogging me like a teddy bear," I said.

Without hesitation, "I do that to the things I love."

Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't- God damn it. My face heated from the words and I grumbled a 'shut up' before leaving. "I'll meet you downstairs, I got to call my parents to make sure they know I'm alive."

That woke him up, "Wait, I wanna be there for that!" He rushed past me with a towel and a change of clothes that he had laid out on his dresser the night before. I must have missed them.

I walked down the stairs to see Daniel and Marissa making breakfast. Marissa was the first to notice me, "Good morning, Paige!"

"Morning, Mrs. Fo- Marissa," I stuttered, my face flushing.

His mother giggled, "Don't worry about it, hun. Where's Trenton?"

I gestured to the stairs, "Showering. Then, I got to call my parents to make sure they know I'm safe."

"Mmmh, fun," Daniel commented. "Tell your father I've got most everything set up here, just waiting on a final word from him."

"Will do," I said slipping into the patio outback. Their yard was impressive, a pool, and a swing set, which Trenton's triplet cousins were all on. I don't actually know if they are triplets, but they certainly act like them.

I brought up Facetime and pressed my Mom's contact. Dad never answers. I also know Mom was probably clutching her phone waiting for my call. Sure enough, three seconds passed before I saw my Mom's worried face before it morphed into a relived one. "Paige, why didn't you call us last night?"

Rolling my eyes, "Gee mom, no 'Hi, sweetie, how are you?'"

"You know how I am about you. Still, how was your Thanksgiving with your boyfriend? You didn't do anything in their house, right?"