t h i r t e e n

"Alright, I brought some chips and soda for us." Suri says, handing me two plastic bags when she walks into my house. I smile at her.

"Thank you, I'll take this to the kitchen." I respond, she smiles and nods.

Jihoon plops on the couch, chuckling as he watches an overly excited Yeonjun meeting a puppy for what it seems the first time. I place the bags on the counter, and return to the hall with my friends.

"So cute!" He exclaims in a high pitched tone, ruffling her white furr excitedly. Kiyooung stands on her paws and leans against Yeonjun's legs, shaking her tail happily. Yeonjun ends up sitting on the floor and plays with her.

"Aw baby, you're so cute." Suri chuckles when she sees her boyfriend so happy because of a dog.

Jihoon leans forward, resting his arms over his knees and chasking his fingers, trying to get Kiyooung's attention. She rapidly jumps off Yeonjun's legs and jumps onto Jihoon's lap, making all of us laugh and Yeonjun pout.

"She seems to like Jihoon more," I giggle and sit on the armrest of the couch next to Jihoon. He looks up at me and smiles, caressing her soft furr.

Yeonjun stands up, still pouting. Suri chuckles and extends her arms for him.

"Come here baby, I do like you more than Jihoon."

Yeonjun finally chuckles, sitting beside her. She wraps her arms around his neck and places a long lasting peck on his cheek.

I look at them being all cute together and sigh, remembering what could have been, but never was. I start spacing out, and I can hear them starting to play videogames but my mind keeps drifting away, until Suri's hand on my shoulder brings me back to earth.

"Hm?"

She smiles, but with a hint of concern in her eyes.

"Come with me to the kitchen."

I look at her, then divert my gaze to see those two boys playing like kids a random fighter game. I look back at her, and then sigh standing up. I walk towards the kitchen with her following behind, until I lean my back against the counter and she folds her arms over her chest.

"What?" I tilt my head in confusion.

"What happened?"

"What do you mean?"

She sighs.

"You've been crying."

My eyes widen at her words, feeling a knot on my throat.

"How do you know?" I ask, grazing my fingertips over my cheeks.

"You're my best friend, I know you... And your eyes are a little swollen." She exposes, stepping forward to lean against the counter next to me. "What is it? Soobin?"

I take a deep breath, and then let it out. Hearing his name at this point is painful.

"It's a long story..." I mutter, rubbing my forehead.

She glares at me, raising an eyebrow.

"We have time."

No we don't, Jihoon and Yeonjun are here as well." I say, shrugging. She sakes her head.

"Trust me, they will be busy for a while, so speak."

I let out a big breath, knowing that telling her what happened means rummaging into my own pain.

"Soobin kissed me the day you and Yeonjun fought."

Her eyes widen in shock, her mouth is agape and she instantly unfolds her arms.