s i x t e e n

Sitting on a coffee table at some random coffee shop I keep scrolling on my phone as I wait for my friends to arrive. My cheek is resting in my palm and I let out a sigh just when I find Soobin's chat.

He hasn't texted me for a while now, and I can't help but wonder if he's okay. I feel a lump on my throat when I open our old conversation, guilt invading my soul and making me close it again immediately, but for some reason, I can't seem to be able to delete it.

I block my phone, tucking it in my pocket as I nervously move my knees up and down. I grab my iced coffee and take a sip, remembering everything that happened two days ago. After Jihoon and I's intimate moment, we fell asleep and the party died downstairs without us knowing. When I woke up the next morning, he treated me like a princess and then took me back home. However, I still feel guilty for thinking about Soobin when we were touching each other mere minutes before.

"Hello babe!" A sudden voice startles me and brings be back to earth. I look up and see Suri waving at me excitedly, with Giyeon standing next to her, both of them grinning.

I smile widely, standing up and opening my arms.

"Unnie!" Gigi shouts, jumping into my arms and hugging me tightly.

"Gigi you've grown so much, oh my god!" I exclaim, rocking her side to side.

When we pull back, she smiles and nods before taking a seat on the free chair across the small table. Suri looks at me and raises an eyebrow, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Am I invisible to you?"

I chuckle, walking around the table and wrapping her in a hug.

"You're not, jealous dumbass." I tease, patting her head gently, she hugs me back for a moment before we pull away.

We take a seat and they make their respective orders as we talk about everything that's been happening in our lives and some memories from our childhood together.

"So you're planning on moving here permanently?" I ask, taking another sip of my coffee and resting my elbows on the table. Gigi nods, playing with the straw of her drink, rolling it between her fingers.

"Yeah, I want to go to the University here in Seoul, I will have more chances to be satisfied with whatever I decide to do."

"That includes finding a boyfriend." Suri teases, making Gigi jump and glare at her.

"No, that's not true!" She whines, frowning and making us giggle.

"That's what you say until you meet the man of your dreams." Suri shrugs, taking a sip of her strawberry frappe.

Gigi rolls her eyes, shaking her head.

My phone starts vibrating in my pocket, so I dig my hand inside and pull it out, answering the incoming call.

"Hello Jihoonie."

"Hi beautiful. Where are you sitting? I'm almost there."

I notice Suri smirking at me when she hears his name, kicking my leg under the table and making me glare at her. Of course, Gigi looks at us confused, clueless about the reason of her cousin's behavior.

"We're in the left corner at the bottom." I respond, turning my head to look at the door, ignoring Suri's silliness.

"Okay, I'll see you in a second."

I hang up, tucking my phone once again in my pocket. I look at Suri again, still smirking.

"Can you please stop, you psycho?" I ask, laughing.