e i g h t e e n

"What about this one?" I ask Suri, showing her a peach colored dress. She shakes her head, making me groan in frustration.

"No, I don't think that's the right one." She sighs, standing up and starting to rummage inside my closet.

I sigh, walking towards my bed and plopping on it. I turn my head and look at the clock.

"Suri, we only have two hours left to be there. Jihoon will perform exactly at 8."

"I know, here, this one." She says, handing me a red dress and black heels. I frown, looking into her eyes.

"Isn't this a bit too much?"

She rolls her eyes.

"Of course not. Tonight your boyfriend will become an idol. You need to look as hot as possible so the fangirls will know they don't stand a chance." She shrugs.

I shake my head, snorting.

"You don't know if he's going to win." I say, standing up from my bed and walking to the bathroom. She groans.

"Have a little faith in your boy, could you?" She scolds me, and I chuckle.

The door swings open and Gigi enters the room with a cup of tea for her and one for Suri. She hands it to her and sits on the bed as well.

"What are you talking about?"

"This dumb is doubting her boyfriend." Suri rolls her eyes again. Gigi chuckles.

"I was kidding, you idiot. We all know Jihoon is talented enough to win." I state, opening the door and walking inside. I change into the dress, tying my hair up to wash my face.

"I haven't heard him yet, but he's probably good." I hear Gigi say from the other side.

"Really? I thought you didn't like Jihoon."

"Huh? Why do you think that?" She asks, confused.

I exit the bathroom now dressed and ready to apply some makeup. I grab my cosmetics and stand in front of the mirror.

"Because you run away or keep silent whenever he's around." I say, applying a little bit of powder.

"N-No, it's not like that!"

"Then what? Do you like him?" Suri teases her.

"Unnie! Of course not! What are you talking about?" She jumps, defending herself and standing up from the bed. Suri bursts into laughter at her reaction, making me giggle too. "I don't even know him properly, and he's Shay unnie's boyfriend!" She adds.

"I'm kidding, calm down Gigi." Surii says, grabbing her arm and making her sit again on the bed. I turn my head and smile at Gigi, who's now blushing and diverts her gaze, looking down at her feet.

"It's okay, Gigi." I laugh.

She sighs.

"I-I don't want you to have a bad impression of me. I wouldn't disrespect you like that, unnie." She mutters in a low tone "I would never interfere in a relationship."

Suri wraps her in a hug, patting her head teasingly.

"We have such a cute girl with us." She teases, making Gigi glare at her.

"Shut up and get ready." I demand, shaking my head and smiling.

We arrive at the place where the contest is going to be held. Yeonjun and Suri walk together holding hands, and I'm glad this time I have Gigi to lace arms with. The place is incredibly crowded, but the weirdest thing about it, is that I'm seeing to many familiar faces. People from school are here to watch it, I don't know if rumors spread really fast, or this contest is bigger than I thought.