39.

I guess I drifted into a deep sleep after all my sobbings and thoughts, you might laugh at me but I always feel tired whenever I cry alot, it used to happen all the time when I was at Hajoon's. Thinking about how Yeona had helped me, and how much effort she exerted to talk to me, made me feel bad at myself, she was helping and I kept on pushing her away when she was talking to me, even though she made a huge risk that could be taken as a stupid action to help me.

I woke up because of the two soldiers that were talking infornt of the prison cell, their voices werent that loud, but due to emptiness, their voices echoed through the whole place making their whispers an another kind of chaos, the sun have already rosen up ,bringing some rays into the room from the small (30×30) window that was located at the top of the room, the light was the same effect as that of the lantern.

"Wow execution?", one of them exclaimed, "won't that trigger the other Gretchia?",

"The Gretch already triggered Mehi's Gretch, he threw Jinsoo after torturing him at the gates of Mehi's senna,along with that maid, she was still alive, they didn't torture her alot",the other one whispered loudly,

"Wow! And he'll execute the Quera? What's the benefit, he wants to get revenge from her dad, what's her fault?",my heart dropped at the sentence and I felt a huge lump that couldn't fit in my throat, I felt disappointment and guilt, I wasn't disappointed at the Gretch, I was disappointed with myself, disappointed with my identity.

"Her fault is being his daughter, I think this would be an explainable reason to kill her, she has his blood", he was gritting on his teeth ,his sound showed so, as for me I was still having my head at its previous position I didn't dare to move, cause I wanted to hear their entire conversation.

"Don't you know what does silence and shutting up mean?", a third sound came out which made both of the guards to stand up quickly which caused one of the chairs to fall down, I held my face up to see who was it, and I wasn't failed by my guess even though I was half asleep, it was the Manstler.

"Sorry Manstler", one of the guards apologised and then both of them bowed, but the Manstler didn't give them his attention, he was looking at me, I knew cause our gazes met, and when they met, he let out a miserable sigh, a sigh of disappointment and distress.

"Open the door", he signalled to one of them,

The guard shook his head in fear,"I'm sorry Manstler, the Gretch's orders were not to let anyone get in touch with her",

The Manstler took him by the collar and pushed him to the nearest wall making his back hit it strongly,which made the guard groan in pain,"Did you just disobey my order?", the Manstler spoke through his teeth,"One more refusal, and my fist will be the last thing you'll see in your fucking miserable life ",

The Mastler kept him like that for quite abit before releasing him, the guard quickly took the key out of his pocket still shaking and opened the door for the Manstler, he turned around to face the other one,"Watch the main entrance, if the Gretch is coming , you have to warn me, if I'm caught you're dead", the guard nodded and started running, the other one was still on the chair gasping for some air.

The Manstler then approached towards me and kneeled down one leg, I have been supporting my head on the wall with my eyes shut the moment he entered,"Taely ", he spoke softly, you could sense his duality at this moment and two seconds ago,"Or should I say your Majesty?".

His question forced my eyes to open quickly and formed tears in my eyes, I looked at the Manstler to see him tearing too, he was cracking his fingers one by one no one spoke at first,"Why?", was all what he said making my heart melt even more.

"I'm not a spy, I swear to god", I swallowed my lump," I have never entended to hurt anyone",

"I know that", he said," But Taehyung-",

"Wants to execute me?", I completed his sentence with which he nodded slowly,

"I'm sorry", a tear ran down his cheek,"I've tried my best", he wipped the fallen tear with his sleeve,

I smiled to myself, "It's my fault from the beginning, I was an idiot when I thought that I could start up a new life and have hope, and dreams like other girls", I looked at the Manstler smiling sheepishly, "I guess dreams and fortune weren't made for me",my lips turned into a line inorder to pull the tears inside,"I was never meant to be loved",

"Don't say that, we really do love you ", he took my hand in his squeezing it gently,"Mrs.Lee , Me, Jaeeun, Hosoak ,Yeona and ", he stopped , and I waited him to complete, but he was looking elsewhere but at me,

"And? Taehyung? ", I fought a tear but it fell down disobeying, dragging along with it a river,"He hates me by now right?", the Manstler didn't look at me and instead cried too.

A sound of fast footsteps was heard followed by the guard who was out of his breath,"Th-the-e G-guards",

He didn't complete his sentence, until the Manstler gave me a quick hug,"See you later", then he stood up to leave,

"I'll be dead by later", the guard was waiting for him to get out so he could relock the door,

"No, the execution will take time", the guard was locking the door,

"Since when?", I asked mockingly,

"Since you're the one who's being executed", he said that before turning his legs engine and leaving me alone.

Moments later a guard arrived with a tray holding what was supposed to be food for me, what a small world, I used to hold the tray to serve the Gretch in his room. Now what? I am being surved at jail.

They opened the door for him to enter, he placed the tray beside me,"Eat", he demanded and stood waiting for me to eat? I guess? Cause he didn't move, instead, he kneeled down to sit across me.

I looked at him in confusion,"I've lost my appetite thanks", I pushed the tray towards him as a sign for him to take it.

"The orders were to make sure you eat", he said filling the spoon with rice,"so better not disobey in your last days",he smirked,

"I'll be dead anyways so thanks ", I eyed him angry at his rude attitude, well if I'm going to die, I'll die with dignity.

The guard sighed in annoyance,"I'll be back in an hour to take the empty dishes",he stood up,

"Better take it now", I said,"It'll stay the same anyways",
_______________________________
Thank you for reading💜
Please comment your opinion 💬
And Vote👍
Hope you like it💜