Twenty-Five

"Can you help me buy my present for Lee Ara's birthday?" Jeon Jungkook's question penetrates your ear and you wished you heard him wrong with all the bustling sound going on the street but his voice was crystal clear.

And you want to curse at him because honestly, you were offended and hurt. How can he come to you and ask you for help after everything? How can he be so insensitive? But you also remembered that you told him that you aren't affected by it anymore, that its just a simple crush when in reality, it isn't. And one thing you know about boys is they are clueless.

They don't read between the lines. What you say to them is what they believe in. They don't see through you nor are they a mind-reader. They don't doubt your words and they don't make it a big deal.

You look up at Taehyung who stood beside you and looking at you, eyebrows raised.

If in another circumstance, maybe you'd help him with anything, right away, but the circumstance now isn't something you could say yes to. You like him, you adore him so much but liking him isn't a consent to anything that can lead to abuse. And you're sure as hell that you aren't a masochist and that you know better and that is to get away from everything that might hurt you.

"Jeon Jungkook, I'm sorry but Im busy right now." You said, you tried so hard to make your voice sound apologetic and casual.

"O-oh. But it doesn't have to be right now? We can meet on saturday? When you're free." He said, pursuading you. Like a desperate man.

Desperate for help with choosing the right gift for his girl. His girl. And yet here he is asking you if you can meet on saturday after just declining him. It's true, you have no plans on saturday but you are not one to tell him that because that would only give him more will to ask for your help. You figured he will not accept your answer and will just keep on persuading you, or worst hunt you in school, if you don't give him enough reason why you can't help him.

You sighed, you saw Taehyung's eyes getting worried because you probably look problematic right now. "Are you okay?" Taehyung tried to whisper.

But Jeon Jungkook seemed to hear it amidst the busy street as your background. "Are you with someone right now?" He asks.

You looked at Taehyung smiled at him, trying to assure him that you're alright. "Yeah."

"Date?" He asked, he let silence occupy the both of you as he let you speak but you didn't respond with everything that's going inside your head.

You tried to process everything. Why was he asking if you are in a date right now? And what about your answer? What will you tell him? And why does he even care with your business? He could've said sorry for disturbing you with the knowledge that you are with someone right now but he didn't, instead he asked if its a date. A freaking date.

"Our bus is here, Y/n." Kim Taehyung said as he stretch his neck trying to see the bus that's coming our way better.

You bit your lip, "I'm really sorry, Jeon Jungkook but I can't. I really can't. I already have plans on saturday with someone." You told him even though your Saturday was free.

"How about Sunday?" He tried to slip it and to slip in your schedule and it only makes it harder for you.

"I can't, Jeon Jungkook. I can't." You said before stepping in the bus before Kim Taehyung and disconnecting the call.

Taehyung sat beside you, next to the aisle. "You were talking to your friend?" He asked.

You nodded as you glance away and stare at the window. "Your relationship with him seems problematic." Taehyung mumbled.