Twenty-Seven

You slowly push him away, both hands on his chest and you feel his arms slowly letting you go. The moment you saw his face, all you see is sorrow, pain and longing, there's no trace of the bright Jeon Jungkook he always was.

But then, there's you too. You were confused, sad and pained too. You are fighting for what you are feeling right now, and your move is to build a wall between you.

"I..." You tried to collect your thoughts but all you did was look down and never meet his eyes.

He will not find a place of comfort in you, that's the truth. Because you can't let that happen when everything inside you starts to build a storm. Slowly. And you're scared it will pour all at once. You're not ready to take everything in.

But your heart hurt for him. Your heart hurt when you saw how he felt in his eyes. How hurt he is. How lost he may seem. This is not the boy you see usually. This is his side where everything is fragile. This is him showing his vulnerability. And you're not one to take advantage of it.

Slowly, you saw Taehyung's figure coming from behind Jungkook getting bigger and bigger with each step. He waves at you.

"Y/n! Should we go?" He grins as he stop on your side, not minding Jeon Jungkook in front of you.

You glance at Jungkook and you saw him looking at Taehyung then to you. "Yes, we should." You said before you felt his hand took your wrist then finally he threw a glance at Jungkook.

You walk away from Jeon Jungkook with Kim Taehyung holding your wrist. You didn't say anything, just trying to calm yourself with what happened.

"So that was Jeon Jungkook?" He asked after a long while.

You nodded as you purse your lips. You didn't said anything until you went home. Today was supposed to be a normal day but it seemed to tiring and draining because of what happened. Being with Jungkook sucks your energy. A lot.

So with a hurting heart and clouded mind, you sleep on everything.

The next day, Taehyung was always beside you but you're not in the mood. So you let him talk and talk even when you're spacing out the whole time. Sometimes, he'd get your attention when he gets too noisy but then your mind still floats.

And you didn't like it one bit. You'd rather enjoy everything that is on your face than miss all of it. Jimin also joined the both of you in the afternoon but he sensed that you're not in the mood and let Taehyung handle you alone.

Just like that, everything flew by like a wind. Next thing you know, you were already walking down the street with Taehyung, ready to wait on the shed for your ride.

But you saw a familiar boy standing at the end of the street. In his uniform and with a girl that familiar to you too. You look at Taehyung as you bite your lip, you saw him looking at you then to the end of the street where Jeon Jungkook stood.

"You like him." He said, "You like Jeon Jungkook." He stated, not even waiting for your confirmation.

And are you going to lie right now when your eyes are starting to sting. When yesterday, he was with you and telling you how Lee Ara wasn't ready for anything but now she's with him. Something inside you feels funny and irritating. You felt betrayed. Empty.

You felt like you've been played. By a kind boy. But who are you kidding? He never told you he likes you, he just treated you as a friend but you all gave meaning to it.

And now he's there at the end of the street oblivious by the eyes that are watching them when he caught Lee Ara's hand and pulled her to him. And you wanted to see more, how he hugged you yesterday and now he's hugging someone else. Someone that is right. Someone that is special.