6 i x : purple butt and phone numbers

"You fucking asshole! Look what you have done to her!" Anne seethed. Among all my siblings, the one closest to me was Anne.

"It wasn't my fault! That bastard was harassing her!" Clint yelled back.

"How did she bleed if the fight was between you two anyway?" Anne asked as she tended to the cut on my lip.

"Well, as I reared my arm back, my elbow hit her jaw pretty hard. And she being the shit head she is, she probably bit her own lip at the impact."

"Hi, I think my butt is purple." I said as I opened my eyes before the pain hits me again. What the hell? Why do I always say the weirdest things at the wrong time?

"Your nose alright?" They asked at the same time and I nodded.

"Here, drink some water." Anne offered, holding a glass cup toward me. I shook my head before I stood up and walked to my bathroom, looking at my face in the mirror. There was quite a long cut on my lip and a big bruise a little above my jaw.

I opened my mouth and the pain shot through again. I winced. "Ouch," I muttered. And what happened earlier came flooding back.

"Hey, what happened after I passed out?" I asked them as I walked back to my bed. I tried to reduce the number of words in the sentence.

"Oh, Asher said you were bleeding so I carried you and rushed off. That's all. Oh, but I got a phone call and I got suspended for three days. But it's cool." He shrugged nonchalantly. My jaw dropped before the pain hits me again. I quickly closed my mouth.

"Asher was the one who said I was bleeding," I muttered.

"You're not crushing on him, are you?" Clint asked, his eyes wide.

"What? No!"

"I'm just curious. He claims to hate me. But yet when he shouted that I was bleeding, he sounded so not like him. I noticed concern."

"Asher isn't nice if you haven't realized yet. Why would he be concerned? Especially to you?" He snapped.

"What? Am I not worthy enough to be cared about?" I snapped back.

"That's not...you know that's not what I meant." He glared at me before walking out of my room.

"Anyway, why are you home? Don't you have classes?" I turned to ask Anne.

"Aww man. Please don't be Leanne number two! I was on my way back to campus when I got a call from Clint panicking about you so I drove back. Be more grateful, you little brat." She rolled her eyes, crossing a hand over her chest.

"Okay, okay. Thank you, dear sister."

"Hey, anyway, don't be too mean to him. After all, he did rescue you from the big bad monster." She said as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"But he implied that Asher couldn't care about me!" I whined.

"But he can't. He is too cold. Too...emotionless." She tried to reason.

"Anne? I'm tired. I would like to get some rest, please." I said. Anne got my hint and left the room without another word.

"Oh, by the way, Asher boy had to do extra service since he broke the school rules once again. VP Gareth didn't want to suspend him because Asher would've probably enjoyed it more." Clint said, popping his head back in.

My eyes widened.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked."You look like I just killed your dog."

"Oh wow." I shook my head. Shit. Did I cause him that much trouble? "Bye and goodnight," I said, turning over. He chuckled before closing the door behind him.