31 i r t y - o n e : you and helicopter rides

Thomas's car pulled up in my driveway and Asher's head popped out from the passenger side window. I rushed out of the house, a wide grin on my face.

"Hello, boys." I greeted as I handed them both the sandwiches I made.

"Thanks, Ems." Thomas smiled as he gave me a wink. Asher climbed into the back seat with me, planting a kiss on my nose as he settled beside me.

"I guess I'm forgotten then?" Clint shouted from the door, annoyed. Thomas snickered and attempted to drive before I kicked the back of his chair.

Clint climbed into the passenger seat where Asher once sat. Clint finally accepted the fact that Asher and I were together, obviously not without kicking up a huge fuss about it.

"Do we have any more family members I need to take note of next time?" Thomas asked sarcastically.

"Nah fam. Thanks a lot, Thommie!" I laughed as I snuggled into Asher's side.

After two more days of observation at the hospital, Asher finally got discharged and was back in school. He was still hobbling and limping about, but thankfully, all his organs were still working fine. The doctor had examined his bruises and also warned him against fighting anymore in the future. Any more heavy impact would cost him a little more than just a fracture. As for me, my sprained ankle was healed quickly and was working just fine.

We finally reached school and Clint pulled Asher into the janitor's closet and shut the door, much to both my and Asher's dismay.

I attempted to kick the door open but Thomas held me back.

"Just give them a moment. I think they're having the birds and the bees talk." He snickered.

I smacked him just as the door opened. Clint looked self-satisfied and Asher just looked pale. Clint hummed as he walked toward his class for the first period. I bet Clint was sort of enjoying this upper hand against Asher.

I nudged a silent Asher.

"What did you both talk about?"

"Uh. He mentioned something about you and balls and cheese graters." Asher winced and bounced on his toes even as he said it.

Okay, I think I got a brief idea.

I snickered and kissed Asher's jaw. Both Thomas and him walked me to my locker.

"Thanks, you two cuties." I cooed as I booped both boys on the nose. All the girls in the hallway watched me with envy but I didn't care. Thomas rolled his eyes and Asher watched me lovingly. How could one change so quickly, that I'd never quite understand.

++++++

The bell signaling the end of school rang and I walked out of class to my locker. My eyes scanned the hallways for a particular blue-eyed boy and caught onto his floppy messy hair. His head was moving too, looking for someone. He finally stopped moving when he spotted me. His eyes lit up and he smiled. I could swear that it blinded me for a moment.

And it warmed my heart to know that I was the one his eyes were searching for in the hallways.

He pointed to the cafeteria and strode quickly into it. Guess we'd be having lunch in school then.

He smiled and took my hand once we met at his usual table. His head ducked down, lips meeting my ear.

"Love, I know we kissed yesterday and many times before yesterday but..." He jumped on top of the cafeteria seat and brandished stalks of red roses.

"Will you, Emily Mary Jones, be my, Asher Peter Owens, girlfriend?" He smiled, lighting up the whole cafeteria and melting my heart.

"Yes! Yes again and again and again and a thousand times over again." I smiled, tears brimming in my eyes. And then I gasped. Asher Peter Owens. Asher Peter. Where had I heard that name before? I was pretty sure we never had a Peter in our level.