38 i r t y - e i g h t : beautiful beginnings

The conference was over and Asher and I went for a nice dinner for two in a posh restaurant downtown.

We chatted through dinner like we once did. I filled him in on my life and he shared about his.

"I missed this so much." I muttered.

"Yes. Me too." His hand reached across the table to hold mine. And I knew again that I loved him and he loved me. It was like we never stopped loving each other. It was wonderful.

Before I knew it, I was seated in Asher's car being driven back home.

"You drive now." I said matter of factly.

"Yeah, I finally grew some balls to take my driving license." His voice was strained as he said this. The vice like grip he had on the steering wheel did not escape me.

"You're doing fine."

Asher drove the car into a parking space and got out of the car, opening the door for me.

And then things started moving again. My mouth was on his in a matter of seconds. He locked the car door and I scurried to get the elevator, pulling him behind me.

"Oh god, you're still beautiful." He murmured against my forehead, his eyes closed, hair tousled. He was still in his suit and as my hands rested on his chest, I could feel his chest rising and falling rapidly as though he was nervous, as though he was scared.

I smiled slowly and stood on my tip toes, wrapping my arms around his neck and my lips met his.

Everything exploded all at once and I couldn't imagine what it could have been if I hadn't pushed him away ten years ago. It would've been amazing. It would have been wonderful. As I kissed Asher, nothing else seemed to matter, I was here and so was he. It was as though we hadn't aged, it was as though time hadn't pass since I last saw Asher. We were still love struck teenagers standing by the lift of my apartment floor kissing and kissing and kissing.

He treaded his fingers through my unruly hair, how he did it I completely have no idea, and stroked my chin. While Thomas kissed quickly and ferociously, Asher kissed slowly and softly. It was his signature move, he once said. Slow and steady, softly and deeply. I loved it. It was less of a rush as compared to our kiss in the conference room.

"Open the door please, before I lose my mind." His voice was a low and deep, chocolatey, he kissed down my jaw. I pulled away, fumbling with my bag. My fingers were aching and they couldn't stop shaking. My eyes met his as I unlocked the door to my apartment. His dilated pupils clearly expressed everything he wanted and more. And the blues, the blue eyes I so loved shone with so much love and affection I couldn't help but sigh shakily. I pulled him into the house, switching on the air conditioner. He pushed the door close with his foot, eyes never leaving me, and his mouth was back on mine within seconds.

He groaned, one hand wrapped around my waist, the other hooked under my thigh. I wrapped my legs around his body and ran my fingers through his hair. All these years and he still smelt the same, hints of the various spices dashed upon his glorious skin. He was tanner now, and he still looked as beautiful as ever. He hoisted me up onto the kitchen island and ran his hands down my side.

Shoulder, breast, hip, ass.

I let out an involuntary weird noise from deep in my throat and planted my hands on his hip bones.

"Your belt." I complained, my forehead resting on his chest. He laughed his deep throaty laugh and pulled his belt off, tossing it over the couch. I pulled at his jacket in fake annoyance and he obediently took it off, leaving his white button down and black pants.