45

——————

Taehyung had come home for a three day weekend, excited to spend time with his boyfriends. Taehyung sat on Jimin's soft bed, his hair in a mess from just waking up. His boyfriends left a text telling him that they went to the gym.

Taehyung smiles slightly. It felt like the summer before their senior year. Taehyung missed that. He missed being with them everyday, but he doesn't miss that school one bit.

Taehyung decided to go to the pond and just reflect there. He hasn't been there in a long time. He missed it.

Taehyung walks down the sidewalk a few miles until he gets to the woods, entering in a little opening. It doesn't take too long for him to walk in the clearing, taking in a deep breath.

He goes and sits on the pier, smiling at the view he was use to seeing every evening. He closes his eyes and hums a tune, letting the slight breeze push his hair back.

Taehyung stayed there for a while, but he started to get hungry. He got up, dusting his jeans off and walked out the clearing.

Tae had his head down, just following the familiar roots and trees, his mind deep in thought about everything.

Tae was having a small conversation with himself that he didn't notice himself walking up to a window. When he started to lift it up, he suddenly realizes what he's doing.

Taehyung pauses, his eyes wide. He had walked back to his old house.

He backs away from the window, stumbling and falling on the grass. Taehyung's breath gets a little faster, and he felt so many emotions at once.

Fear, confusion, anger, sadness, relief, but mostly unease. He didn't understand why he walked here. Why did he immediately go into his old habit? Why did he come here?

Taehyung blinks his teary eyes as his brain gives him an answer.

"No," Taehyung whimpers, shaking the thought out of his head. He hurriedly gets up and dust himself off before walking away from the house. That ugly house.

Taehyung keeps walking but the thought doesn't leave him. It starts to nag and annoy and he knows that he can't ignore it.

Taehyung digs in his pocket and pulls out a twenty. Taehyung sighs and goes to the nearest bus stop.

Taehyung gets on, sitting by the window and ignoring everyone around him.

The bus drives for a while, Taehyung getting texts from his boyfriends. Taehyung answers and says he's gone to the store, which was a lie.

It's about twenty minutes later when the bus stops. Taehyung would have to walk from here.

He gets off, finding the direction and walking to the place he dreaded to go to.

It wasn't long before he saw the gates and gloomy feeling surrounding the place.

Taehyung passes by a man holding a gun, giving him a small head bow as he walks into the entrance.

Taehyung  nervously walks up to the desk behind the glass. The lady behind it looks up, "Here to visit, kid?"

Taehyung nods.

The lady nods, "ID?"

Taehyung's mouth goes dry. "I don't have any with me."

The lady raises her eyebrow, "Name and age?"

"Um, Kim Taehyung. I'm seventeen, eighteen next month, ma'm."

The lady nods, typing on her computer. She hums and gets a sticker, "Found you. Put this on and give us the name of the person you will be visiting today. Behind glass or in person?"