Mikey Way - Friends To Falling

The sound of Black Coffee by Black Flag scared me awake, like it does every morning. I reached for my phone to turn off the alarm with my eyes closed.

"Dude turn your friggin alarm off." Mikey groaned from the floor, where he was laying on an air mattress.

"I'm trying!" I finally find my phone and turn it off. We both groan and sit up.

"Ready for hell?" He says sarcastically. "Be right back." He grabs his bag and goes to change in the bathroom. I throw on a pair of jeans and a band shirt before waiting for him outside the bathroom door. He opens it so I can brush my teeth and straighten my hair.

He watches, amused as I try to get my wavy hair to something more acceptable.

"Why do you insist on doing that every day?"

"Because."

He just laughs and leaves, probably to get us some coffee. I finish straightening my hair and grab our backpacks from my room.

"Here you go m'lady." He hands me a thermos.

"Fuck you dude. I'm royalty and you gotta address me as such." I hand him his bag while he bows like an idiot and we head to wait for the bus.

We stand a little bit away from everyone else, mostly because we're listening to music and can't be bothered to get either of our earbuds out of our bags yet. It's his brother's girlfriends band, Mindless Self Indulgence. It's really good.

"Lindsey's been teaching me Never Wanted to Dance on bass, wanna hear later?"

"Oh yeah dude! Never miss a chance to see my third favorite bass player put on a show." I mess up his hair.

"Third!" He yells indignantly.

"I'm my own favorite, then Mark Hoppus, then you."

"Fuck you you're like my least favorite."

"Aw Mikes didn't know you thought so highly of me."

-------------

We mess around until the bus gets there, and by that when we see it Mikey shoves me into the grass and makes a run to get on first. He's second and because were the first spot he snags a seat all the way in the back. When I get there I throw some grass I pulled out of the ground at him and sit opposite.

"Oh thanks for letting me stay over again, Gerard and Lindsey were being so affectionate and I just couldn't deal with it, almost threw up actually." He chucked.

"Couldn't deal with Gerard calling her "sugar"" I say in an imitation of his voice, "every five minutes?"

"Hell no." We laugh and try to do our homework that we probably should've done last night. By that I mean he does my math because I'm hopeless at it, and I do his English because I'm actually good at it.

"Got a calculator?"

"Use your phone, jackass."

He throws a pen at me but uses his phone. I do have to give him back his pen though. When I finish I hand it back to him and lean back, watching the bus slowly fill up while sipping my coffee. He hands me back my homework when hes done.

"Oh thanks dude I'd die without you!"

"No problem, dumbass."

We go about our day, messing around and getting sent out of the classes we have together and leaving halfway through the ones we don't.

"Hey Y/N and Mikey!" Cody yells when he sees us in the hallway at the end of the day. "Zach said to invite y'all to his party he's throwing, and Gerard said if you're not there he's gonna find you and drag you out because you need to talk to people who aren't each other."