Mikey Way - We Need New Friends

So, some background. My names Y/N, and I'm a gay trans guy. I transitioned before I got to this school though so no one knows. As you can imagine I live in fear someone's gonna find out every fucking day.

There's this guy, his name is Mikey, in my math and English class. He's the quiet but pretty cool type. Sometimes I catch him looking at me. Every time I somehow end up sitting next to him he moves. Not entirely sure what the fuck that's about but my dumbass heart decided to like him.

"Hey Y/N!" The guy I sit next to, Pete says. I wouldn't consider us friends but we hang out in class.

"What's up dude?" I pull out my earbuds and take my notebook out of my bag.

"You got the answers to the homework?"

"I was gonna ask you that." I have no idea what's going on in that class.

"We're fucked. Hey! Mikey! Can we borrow your homework?"

Pete and Mikey are in the same social circle so I guess they're acquaintances.

"Yeah. Turn it in when you're done" He passes pete a sheet with the answers and we copy it.

I turn in all three papers and sit back down. "Oh, have you heard the new simple creatures song?"

"No! What the hell there's a new song?" I ask, already pulling YouTube up on my phone. He's right. "Oh shit!" I take one earbud and hand him the other. about halfway through the song my teacher starts to get our attention.

"Fuck me." I shove my phone and earbuds into my bag and start doodling on my notebook cover. It's already covered in band names and scribbles but fuck it.

"I'm gonna be assigning seats. You obviously couldn't handle choosing where you got to sit so I'm hoping this helps." She's threatened that a bunch of times but I didn't think she'd actually do it.

Me and Pete stand next to each other at the front of the room while she starts assigning seats.
He gets put on one side while I'm still standing up there. Eventually it's just me and Mikey, and we're stuck in the far left pair of desks. Fuck me.

She starts the lesson and while I genuinely try to figure out what's going on I get completely lost. By the time she passes out worksheets I know I'm never gonna get this. I try to copy what she has on the board but to no avail. Guess I just get the answers from Pete tomorrow.

The bell rings and I go to my next class. English. Mikey's here too but he sits pretty far away. At least dallon's in this class. I met him at the place I take bass lessons so most of our conversations tend to revolve around that.

"Hey dude! How's your band going?"

"We got another song recorded! Once we have a few more songs we're gonna try to send it to a record label." He's obviously super excited. He asked me if I wanted to join but I was afraid if the band took off, which with dallon and ryan it probably will, I'll probably get outed.

"Nice dude!" We have assigned seats here too. At least I'm not next to Mikey. He completely ignored me all of last period.

"Wanna come over later, So you can hear it? Me and Ryan we're gonna go out of pizza after practice, and it'll be fun to have our biggest fan there." He offers. I take him up on it and wait for class to start.

"Ok so today I'm assigning partners for group projects." The teacher starts with. We all groan. "Yes, this is the worst possible thing to happen." He starts assigning groups and dallon gets put with a girl named Nicole.

Now I don't think the universe hates me all that much. I've always been pretty average for luck. At least I thought. Until today.

"Y/N and Mikey."