Mikey Way - Energy Drinks

"Hey-o Gerard." I say as I walk into the room, my bass guitar in hand. I completely ignore Mikey who's glaring at me and walk up to Gerard. "I'm so fuckin hyped for this shit!"

Mikey, being the dumbass that he is, broke two of his fingers right before you started so as someone who's been hanging around these guys for like... ever, and also plays bass, I was picked as his replacement.

"I'm glad you are. Ready for a tour?"

"Not even a fuckin little, but I'm packing tonight."

"We leave tomorrow?"

"Have you packed?"

"No." He admits.

"That's my man!" I clap him on the shoulder and help him set up for our last practice session before the tour.

When everyone's set up we start practicing, and joking around a lot. It's pretty lighthearted of a practice compared to the usual ones, but I think it's just because we're all a little nervous. When it's over and we start cleaning up I remember something.

"Holy shit guys wait!" I grab my bag and pull out a t- shirt. I got bored last week, what can i say? I toss it to Mikey.

"Why does it say whore?'' Mikey says, obviously looking a little pissed off. It says whore in a cursive hot pink font, over the number two on the back, like a sports jersey except worse.

"Do you not like my gift!?" he throws it back at me. "You don't want this?"

He just glares at me. When we all start heading home I say bye to the guys and stop at the nearest bulk store to stock up on energy drinks. I'm no stranger to touring and I know without them I'm dead on my feet. The cashier gives me a weird look but that's not surprising. I have more than enough to kill me.

When I get home I pack as minimal as possible, already assuming I'm gonna be wearing the same thing for days on end, and then put as many energy drinks as possible in the suitcase. After that I pack the chargers and shit in a backpack and then fit even more energy drinks. That's gonna be my personal stash, the rest I'm gonna live for the guys. I make sure my ovens off and theres nothing thats gonna go bad in my fridge within the time in out tour, and shit like that and end up going to bed at 2 am. An hour before i have to be awake

My phone ringing wakes me up and I feel around for it and answer without opening my eyes.

"Yo?"

"Where the hell are you!?" Mikey yells.

"I got kidnapped. And murdered. You're talking to a ghost."

"Hurry up! We're gonna leave soon!"

I put the phone on speaker and started packing a few last minute things that I needed this morning after I used them, like my toothbrush and shit like that.

"I'll be there in a few Mikey."

"Better hurry! I'm not above trying to convince everyone to leave without you."

"I know it babe! See you soon!" It's kinda fun to piss him off. I know the only reason he's the one who called me was because he wanted to chew me out, I know it.

I pull on my usual emo looking fit and the shirt I got is Mikey that says whore in the back because even if he doesn't want it doesnt mean I'm gonna let it go to waste.

I grab my stuff and lock the door behind me, I'm honestly already excited to get back and sleep in my own bed. I take a cab to the place where the bus is and get there just as the time we're supposed to leave is. I get on the bus and we're off. Mikeys really the only one mad at me so I lay down on the middle of the floor and close my eyes, using my arm as a pillow while he chews me out about punctuality or some shit. I wasn't really paying attention.