Lindsey way-dance, dance

"Would you fucking ask her out already?!" My best friend and now the reason everyone's staring at us, joe yells.

"Shut the fuck up she wouldn't go out with me." I can see her on the other side of the cafeteria, talking to a few of her friends. She's popular, smart, sweet, pretty fuckin hot, and just the right amount of crazy. There's no way she'd go for a guy like me. That sounds so incell I promise I'm not it's just our two friend groups are so different. We're the class clowns, she's the queen of this school. My friends have compared my situation to a chick flick way to many times.

"Well at least none of us except that trader who we shan't name has a date to the dance tonight." Patrick says.

"Fuck off it's not my fault you guys can't talk to girls." Pete tried to defend himself. We all know if he had the same lunch as her he wouldn't be sitting here.

"I can fucking talk to girls jackass. I just can't talk to a specific girl."

"Yeah because you're a coward."

"No I'm just... Aw fuck you wentz."

---------------

"Wait so teach, if I memorize all of these can I get a homework pass?"

"Y/N please be quiet. Now as I was saying we're having a quiz on this on Friday so make sure to study-"

"I'm gonna be sick on Friday, can I make it up on Monday?" Joe says.

"Oh your gonna be sick too? I'm gonna have small pox, what about you?"

"Black Plague."

"Spicy."

"That's it! Mr. Y/L/N and Mr. Trohman get out!" We grab our stuff and head to ISS for the rest of the period. We sit "quietly" and "do our work."

By the end of the period we say goodbye to the teacher watching us. We're friends in that I see you all the time kinda way.

We head to our last period and this teachers cool so we get to fuck around a little bit more. And because it's our last class me and joe start to walk home.

"Can't believe you didn't even try to ask her. Even I asked someone."

"And she rejected you!"

"Still tried."

-----------

We're wearing generic formal high school dance clothes. I wanted to be a dumbass and have one of them pretend to be my date but they all refused.

"Don't you wanna take the hottest person in school to the dance?" I try to argue Patrick into pretending to be my date.

"I'm taking the hottest person in school already Y/N, And she's on her way."

"Pete shut up you lovesick dumbass."

----------

Me and the three guys who don't have dates hang out. They got the school to let them play as a band in a little bit so eventually I'm left alone. I try to watch Lindsey with her date, a guy named Gerard. I know him and he's cool. They sit at the table I'm at so I pretend to play on my phone.

"Just ask him already the jealously angle isn't working." I think he says. I don't wanna eavesdrop but I can't help it.

"Yeah but what if he says no? Then I just got rejected at a dance."

"He's not gonna say no. Fucking do it or I'll do it for you."

"Fine!"

I look up when I see her standing next to me.

"Hey Y/N."

"Hi Lindsey."

"So I uhh... was wondering if you were here with anyone?"

"I tried to get one of my friends to be my date as a joke but..." I shrug.

"Well then.. wanna dance with me?" 

She's not serious? Oh my god she is.

We get to the dance floor just as Pete starts on the bass.

------------

By the end of the night we're both tired and got told off for "dancing too closely".

"Me and some friends were planning on going out for some pizza after this. Wanna come?" I ask her.

"Hell yeah."

We meet up and go out for pizza. Andy managed to get himself a girl too so patrick and joe are the only ones without a date.

As we're eating the four assholes I call friends for some reason keep bringing up every embarrassing thing I've ever done.

"Remember the time you had that purple-"

"Pete I swear to god if you finish that sentence."

"God is dead, now if you'll let me finish-"

"Don't you fucking dare!"

Lindsey giggles and it's the cutest thing ever. She hides her mouth with her hand and I break out into a smile.

"Who's the lovesick dumbass now?"

"Alright Pete come here."

"Put down the fuckin soda. Y/N don't you fucking-" I chase him out and throw the half empty cup at him.

"Y/N! Now I'm fuckin sticky. I'm heading home. I'll get you for this." He says half jokingly. He and his girlfriend leave and the rest of us go our separate ways. I walk Lindsey home.

"So I had a good time tonight."

"Yeah, me too. See you at school on Monday?"

"Hell yeah you will."

Should I kiss her? While trying to decide she pecks me on the cheek and heads inside her house. I'm left standing there like the dumbest person alive with my hand on my face over where she kissed.